Welcome - Introduce Yourself Here

Hello everyone. I've been spending lots of time trying to absorb and learn what I can from the hardware threads, and I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Wendy. I'm 51, an environmental engineer, and live in southwest Missouri (USA) with my wife, cat and two dogs. I've been into vinyl since I was a kid, with a few breaks here and there and varying levels of obsessiveness (is that a word?). I like a little bit of everything, but mostly rockabilly, jazz and indie rock/pop. After a hiatus the past few years, I'm getting back into the swing of things and setting up a new system around a MoFi Ultradeck....researching the Ultradeck is how I found this forum.
Welcome to our goofy little corner of the interwebs. While we have our moments, for the most part everyone is very helpful, supportive and fun. Glad you came out of lurker mode, ENJOY! :)

Hello everyone. I've been spending lots of time trying to absorb and learn what I can from the hardware threads, and I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Wendy. I'm 51, an environmental engineer, and live in southwest Missouri (USA) with my wife, cat and two dogs. I've been into vinyl since I was a kid, with a few breaks here and there and varying levels of obsessiveness (is that a word?). I like a little bit of everything, but mostly rockabilly, jazz and indie rock/pop. After a hiatus the past few years, I'm getting back into the swing of things and setting up a new system around a MoFi Ultradeck....researching the Ultradeck is how I found this forum.
Welcome Wendy! Like you, I found this site when I was researching for my MoFi Ultradeck which I purchased almost a year ago. I've been enjoying both this site and my Ultradeck and I'm sure you will too!

Welcome, Wendy! Obsessiveness definitely is a word, at least around here. 😉 Hope you’ll enjoy your time on the forum and feel comfortable here.

Hello and welcome from the UK

Hello from Central California, USA

Myself along with my first table pictured here in 1970. I will be 53 very soon. Vinyl/Analog/Tape/Tubes/Horns. It's been my life's passion.

Cheers

View attachment 171181
Some of my audio adventures:
Welcome! That's a lovely Dual. :)

EDIT: That link leads to some eye-popping photos that might warrant eventual explanation. Just sayin'.... (or perhaps a post in the "Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin" thread).

Last edited:
Hello from hot and sunny Florida,

I've been reading the board for a few months now, so I figured I should finally post in this thread. I can't remember how I found it, but it has been a great resource as my musical tastes are more aligned with what I see here compared to other "audiophile" forums.

Looking forward to posting more!

I've been reading the board for a few months now, so I figured I should finally post in this thread. I can't remember how I found it, but it has been a great resource as my musical tastes are more aligned with what I see here compared to other "audiophile" forums.

What part of Florida? I’m from Miami.

Welcome! Orlando here.

Another Miami member here, bienvenido

Back