Welcome - Introduce Yourself Here

I can’t wait for it to end!

Welcome back @Teeeee I've missed you! Have a look at our AoTMs from the last year if you’re in the humour!

I guess I should get started on that Year 3 thread huh 😳
Does this mean Gappy gap is taking over the HUGE THREAD OF EVERYTHING AOTM ?

Y'all be dears and tag me in a summary thread so I can catch up on these AOTMs. I will definitely listen to them all. And where is the current guess thread? I have a feeling Paula has been omitted.

Does this mean Gappy gap is taking over the HUGE THREAD OF EVERYTHING AOTM ?

Y'all be dears and tag me in a summary thread so I can catch up on these AOTMs. I will definitely listen to them all. And where is the current guess thread? I have a feeling Paula has been omitted.

Gap sure is! She is Ms AoTM Year 3 boss!

Willdo! Once @bfly announced her pick as the final one of year two sometime in may I’ll set up a year 2 review thread.

For the first couple of months there was someone who guessed Paula for you but that did tend to die out as the year went on...

Gap sure is! She is Ms AoTM Year 3 boss!

Willdo! Once @bfly announced her pick as the final one of year two sometime in may I’ll set up a year 2 review thread.

For the first couple of months there was someone who guessed Paula for you but that did tend to die out as the year went on...
@Selaws was the most recent month I saw. Who is up next? I'M SO EXCITED TO GET BACK TO THESE!

Signed up yesterday. Pretty eclectic taste. Grew up on Elvis.Costello, Talking Heads, Violent Femmes . . . Now as a somewhat oldster (57), some of my favorites are Juana Molina, Willie Nelson ( I’ve binged pretty hard on old school country during the past crazy year), Yo La Tengo, Califone, Nicolas Jaar, Melanie De Biasio, Miles Davis (especially mid to late 60’s), Calexico, and Iron & Wine. Live in a pretty damn good live music town (pre-pandemic), Portland, OR, and go (went) to shows pretty regularly.

Hello, hello. I've been reading forum posts for some time now, but figured it might be nice to join in every once and a while, too. I have around 5,000 albums, 800 singles, and a seemingly never-ending want list. Latest purchase: The Impressions - Check Out Your Mind!
Welcome! You're in the right place. :D

Hello all! New to the site and clearly an amateur next to some of the amazing setups and collections I'm seeing so far. Was pointed here by @Sonicpharmacist so if you need someone to blame I'd look that direction. ;)

A few nuggets about me:
  • My first vinyl was the Star Wars original soundtrack when I was 8, followed 45's of "Elvira" by the Oak Ridge Boys and "Music Box Dancer" by Frank Mills when I was 11 years old. I assume they are still floating around somewhere at my parents house in Spokane.
  • With a few exceptions those were also my last vinyls until I was in my 40's, preferring to invest heavily in cassettes (no skipping!) then CD's (no hiss!) then MP3's (no cost!)
  • Started buying vinyls again a few years back because I missed the experience of going through records stores and flipping through the used section looking for buried treasures. Also, I got it in my head that I wanted to "recreate the record collection I wished I'd had in my youth."
  • Now I'm walking the precarious line of spending all of my time reading about and shopping for new records while trying very hard to be disciplined and keep my collection within the 8-cube Kallax (up from 4 cubes a year ago) as a subjective and ultimately fruitless constraint so as not to cripple my wallet, square footage and marriage.
Pleasure to meet y'all!

Hello all! New to the site and clearly an amateur next to some of the amazing setups and collections I'm seeing so far. Was pointed here by @Sonicpharmacist so if you need someone to blame I'd look that direction. ;)

A few nuggets about me:
  • My first vinyl was the Star Wars original soundtrack when I was 8, followed 45's of "Elvira" by the Oak Ridge Boys and "Music Box Dancer" by Frank Mills when I was 11 years old. I assume they are still floating around somewhere at my parents house in Spokane.
  • With a few exceptions those were also my last vinyls until I was in my 40's, preferring to invest heavily in cassettes (no skipping!) then CD's (no hiss!) then MP3's (no cost!)
  • Started buying vinyls again a few years back because I missed the experience of going through records stores and flipping through the used section looking for buried treasures. Also, I got it in my head that I wanted to "recreate the record collection I wished I'd had in my youth."
  • Now I'm walking the precarious line of spending all of my time reading about and shopping for new records while trying very hard to be disciplined and keep my collection within the 8-cube Kallax (up from 4 cubes a year ago) as a subjective and ultimately fruitless constraint so as not to cripple my wallet, square footage and marriage.
Pleasure to meet y'all!
I take no responsibility for this 😉

seriously, welcome to the boards! Glad to see you made it!

Back