Welcome - Introduce Yourself Here

Hello everyone. New to the group. I recently moved from Montreal to Toronto, well it's been about a year now. Just turned 40 and have been collecting for a little over 10 years. I stumbled across this page looking for info on the Arts and Crafts new vinyl subscription club. Living in a small downtown condo with just over 700 lps, it is starting to become a space issue as my wife keeps letting me know... but I just can't stop!

Hello everyone. New to the group. I recently moved from Montreal to Toronto, well it's been about a year now. Just turned 40 and have been collecting for a little over 10 years. I stumbled across this page looking for info on the Arts and Crafts new vinyl subscription club. Living in a small downtown condo with just over 700 lps, it is starting to become a space issue as my wife keeps letting me know... but I just can't stop!
Welcome to the coolest spot on the interwebz!

It sounds like a good problem to have.

welcome welcome!

Good morning! I've been a member for a little over a year, but mostly hung out in the Pre-Order & the PIF thread. With a little more time at home i've been looking around and just found y'all today. I've been listening to vinyl for a very long time, but about 8 years ago began building my current collection. I've got almost exactly 1,500 pieces on Discogs and try to spin something daily. Living just north of Dallas and absolutely loving the N&G forum.

Hey all,

New-ish to the site. I usually hang out in Pre-Orders and Online Vinyl Deals. My friend recommended that I register since my love of all things vinyl has grown so much over 2020. I'm glad I took his advice and joined! I see pretty much nothing but positivity here, and I can't wait to continue learning.

I've lived in Northern NJ my entire life, about 45 minutes outside of NYC (Essex County represent!). I grew up on a wide variety of stuff via CD and MP3, ranging from George Winston to Green Day to Four Tet. I vibe with pretty much anything, from Pop to Rock to Metal to Electronic, and all sub genres in between. I have been collecting vinyl seriously for just under a year now (slowly approaching triple digits in collection volume :) ). Music has always been a big part of my life, period! My current setup is a Sony PSLX310BT, some Sony bookshelf speakers, and a Sony receiver (I know, lots of Sony). Total basic setup that I pretty much bought as a set earlier this year. It's been serving me well and I hope to upgrade sometime next year! Currently waiting on a few records to come in the mail:

-Tragedy and Geometry by Steve Hauschildt
-This Is How the Wind Shifts by Silverstein
-Somewhere Between: Mutant Pop, Electronic Minimalism & Shadow Sounds of Japan 1980-1988
-Cowboy Bebop OST
-Evangelion Finally (Neon Genesis Evangelion OST)
-Minecraft- Volume Beta by C418

I am constantly looking for cool labels and record companies to follow, so please throw me recommendations! Look forward to meeting you all :cool: .

Last edited:
My name is Greg and I am a music lover and amateur vinyl collector. @Hollywood introduced me to this forum. I have an Instagram account (@musicjunkiegreg) dedicated to album reviews, music discussion, and AOTY lists. I joined here in hopes to join in on more music-related discussion!

Welcome!

My name is Greg and I am a music lover and amateur vinyl collector. @Hollywood introduced me to this forum. I have an Instagram account (@musicjunkiegreg) dedicated to album reviews, music discussion, and AOTY lists. I joined here in hopes to join in on more music-related discussion!
You listen to the likes of @Hollywood ? What kind of monster are you?

@Mather, you were right!

Get him!!

You listen to the likes of @Hollywood ? What kind of monster are you?

@Mather, you were right!

Get him!!
@Lee Newman yeah, Hollywood and I found each other on IG. Our love for music brought us together. Our story could be the makings of the next big Hollywood film... see what I did there! 🤣

Hello N&G, Matt here from Chicago.
Been a steady vinyl hoarder for the last 25 years, have used this pandemic as an excuse to start upgrading my gear - from a cheapo 90's era tuner (from Good Guys or Circuit City) to individual components. Interests range from classic country, indie rock, jazz and soul. Looking for tips on cartridge and speaker upgrades sometime down the line.

Hello N&G, Matt here from Chicago.
Been a steady vinyl hoarder for the last 25 years, have used this pandemic as an excuse to start upgrading my gear - from a cheapo 90's era tuner (from Good Guys or Circuit City) to individual components. Interests range from classic country, indie rock, jazz and soul. Looking for tips on cartridge and speaker upgrades sometime down the line.
Welcome! Good to have more Chicago folks on the forum, there are a few of us. Be sure to join us in the hardware section to discuss upgrades!

Helloooo! Found this forum hunting some release info on Colemine Records upcoming records, and am enjoying being here. Have been a serious record collector for 47 years, since 1973 (age 11) when American Graffiti gave me 50s fever. I set out to try to collect minty 1st press 45s of every single on the soundtrack. 60k records, and dozens of other genre interests later, I'm still at it. The biggest things on my want list are a bigger music room added on to the house, and more shelf space. I have an interest in everything from Caruso 78s to today's new artists, and everything in between. Don't do a lot of country music. Also a big fan of vintage RCA 45rpm players, old jukeboxes, etc. My #1 interest as a record collector is 1st press nice condition group harmony/doo wop 45s (and 78s, when they exist) from the 50s into the early 60s.

Helloooo! Found this forum hunting some release info on Colemine Records upcoming records, and am enjoying being here. Have been a serious record collector for 47 years, since 1973 (age 11) when American Graffiti gave me 50s fever. I set out to try to collect minty 1st press 45s of every single on the soundtrack. 60k records, and dozens of other genre interests later, I'm still at it. The biggest things on my want list are a bigger music room added on to the house, and more shelf space. I have an interest in everything from Caruso 78s to today's new artists, and everything in between. Don't do a lot of country music. Also a big fan of vintage RCA 45rpm players, old jukeboxes, etc. My #1 interest as a record collector is 1st press nice condition group harmony/doo wop 45s (and 78s, when they exist) from the 50s into the early 60s.
Welcome! 60k records? You are my personal hero!

Back