Welcome - Introduce Yourself Here

Hi! I was active on the VMP forum for a brief period - same username - but, long story (read: complaint) short, VMP kept losing one package after another, and the idea of contributing to that forum became less and less enticing. To give you an idea of how painful it was to see those packages not arrive, they included Blossom Dearie and Foals (the blue Total Life Forever pressing).

With this being less club-centric, it seems like a better place to return to. I feel for everyone who've had to migrate after years of spending time fostering the community there. :( That was one of many things that attracted me to the forum. Hopefully it continues here!

Last edited:
I am blown away by this, it is amazing to see so many of us move over here so quickly! This is getting me in the feels today. @RenegadeMonster @gouis @Colonel_Angus @AnthonyI @mcherry - Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! And again, thank you!

No really.

Thank you!!!

And can I second that the filters are all inspired by The Good Place? I would forking love that shirt!
I forgot @AndySlash - it was not intentional. I just didn't know! Thank you Mr. Slash!!!!!!!!

Hey all.

I used to frequent the VMP forums (as Casey) with regularity between 2016-2018 but took a break when I discontinued my VMP subscription after I hit a rough financial patch.

I went to grad school for film editing, but the long hours of the industry starting eating away at my health so I'm transitioning into a career in the natural food industry. Grew up just south of Denver, but have been in LA for 12-13 years. It's home.

I'm a hoops junkie and just about the only dude from CO that cares more about the Nuggets and Avs than the Broncos. Hobbies also include story driven video games, blogging about music and backpacking. I have a propensity for coffee, snark and grassroots activism.

Hip-hop, down-tempo electronica and indie rock are the fetishes. Talking Heads, Radiohead, Kendrick, Outkast and Nicholas Jaar the holy grail.

Get yourself in the LA thread! Ex-film worker myself.

Never introduced myself on the last forum so I might as well now...

Hi I'm Cooper and vinyl will be the death of me. Or at least my credit score.

I live in Boston and am just two years out of college. I love cooking, hiking, weightlifting, traveling, good food and good booze. Been collecting records for about 6 years now but just got my first turntable a year ago (U-Turn). I've moved 8 times and lived in 6 different states in my short life. I was raised on hip-hop. That's my first love. Nas' God's Son was the first album I ever bought. Lupe Fiasco, Freeway, Jay-Z and Nas were my first favorite artists. My music taste now consists of R&B, soul, jazz, funk, some electronic and some indie. And of course an unhealthy amount of hip-hop. I love discovering and discussing music and I will talk hip-hop for hours on end with anyone willing to listen.

Marvin Gaye, D'Angelo, Fleet Foxes, Blood Orange, Anderson .Paak, Tame Impala, Florence + The Machine, and Trevor Hall are my favorite non RHH artists. I am constantly listening to music as I have an hour commute each way to work and largely just sit around a lab bench pushing fruit flies. Always looking for new tunes and I'm constantly overwhelmed by how much music there is out there, both new and old, to get into. I still feel very new to the whole equipment side of everything despite trying to do my due diligence before purchasing a setup. Joined VMP for Ready to Die and the vinyl collecting hobby definitely got much crazier after that.

I really appreciate this forum for helping me learn new things about music and tech and having meaningful / fun / silly / pointless discussions about music.

Hi I am Jamie and I am an addict.

Oops wrong forum.

Well, same name and avatar from that other forum that is now dead to me. I live in a small town about 90min outside of Toronto. I am a librarian and my wife puts up with my hobby, though the dog is not too impressed with it. Especially when I play Tom Waits or Miles Davis.

Long-time lurker/infrequent poster on that "other" forum and never did take the time to introduce myself. That whole dumpster fire made me realize the real value of this community that is about much more than a record club or even the records. You've created something even more amazing in just 2 short days. I look forward to being a part of it.

Back