Welcome - Introduce Yourself Here

SERENITY NOW
giphy.gif

I like your thinking.

Dang, a guy blinks and already there are over 500 posts here! Anyway. I’m Heath, originally from the Catfish Capital of the World in southeast Louisiana, currently living in Houston, TX. On the way I also had stints in Arkansas and Brooklyn, and I spent a summer in South Africa once.

I’m a corporate and securities lawyer, which is the latest in a long list of careers, including house manager for a theater, retail management and fraud prevention for Apple, high school special ed teacher, and audio post production for film.

I buy lots of records. Other than that, I’m into photography and concerts and drinking every old fashioned in the city. Hieeeee!

Greetings all, previously a 3+ year lurker.. I took a lot away from that, and while my wife and my wallet curse you, I profusely thank you all...

I like a variety of sounds but the true musical loves of my life have been The Beatles, College Rock, Estrus Records, Man or Astro-man? (the band that rekindled my love of collecting and the 7” format) and in recent years an appreciation for Jazz.

A big thanks to all that made this new home possible and might I say, job incredibly well done! I look forward to getting engaged and interacting with you fine folk.

Aaand now that I finally caught up...

wow name calling already?? BLOCKED AND REPORTED.

jk love you

I absolutely love that you can’t even be joke mean without pulling it back at the end. This is why you’re one of my favorite internet people!

Voldemort Me, Please

Love this. It’s beautiful. It looks like Linda Evangelista. Using it.

Start a prog thread.

I thought this said Pog at first and I was totally on board.

Aaand now that I finally caught up...

I absolutely love that you can’t even be joke mean without pulling it back at the end. This is why you’re one of my favorite internet people!

Love this. It’s beautiful. It looks like Linda Evangelista. Using it.

I thought this said Pog at first and I was totally on board.

Porg thread C6B23BE2-E27A-47E1-B309-EB1D718C3CE9.gif

Hi! I'm Jerry - add me to the list of lurkers (always been a Milford man at heart) at the old place that are going to try and be a little more out-going here. Joined the old forum as part of Great Gorillaz Influx of '17 and have always enjoyed it. Thanks so much to those that got this place up and looking sweet in next to no time.

I love shoegaze/dream pop, stoner/doom/heavy psych, hiking, suffering through Mets baseball and eating a good sandwich. Great to be here!

Never did one of these at the old place. Let’s see ...?

First experiences with music. Using Lincoln logs to play along with The Devil Went Down to Georgia. Banging on a toy piano to Peter Wolf.

Musical comfort food...jazz

Profession: school psychologist (my wife too, met in grad school)

Family: 3 year old

Played drums and violin but haven’t picked them up in years.

Followed link here from the old fogeys Steve Hoffman Forum thread detailing the woes of "VPM". I've joined every other goddamn forum on the internet so what's one more

Never did visit VPM but my blind guess as to the shutdown reason, VPM didnt like people complaining about their product and thought "this public badmouthing, no matter how small the minority, is not good for the 'brand' so we'll flush the dunny on this lot and focus on the next wave of suckers marks customers"?

It is very cool that a community shunned by Big Business remerges from the ashes, the undead soldiering on, stabwounds and stanched bleeding
and shallow graves at 18:05 how many dead or alive

Now then. Tom from UK here, I lurked like crazy on the old forum, mostly the Jazz, Blue Note, RSD, Deals and Guess threads. I was about to start posting when the blue note anthology thread was going but backed the crikey away when the game changed...

I'm into most music and have been buying records on and off since the mid 90's, I wish my CD purchases in the 2000's had been vinyl because while I had a massive cull of CDs recently, most of my records stayed.

I was shocked and appalled that VMP got rid of the forum but massive respect to the crew for sorting out the new forum. I donated without hesitating, the Jazz and Blue Note threads are worth it alone.

Looking forward to more lurking and maybe even some posting too.

Back