Wax Buyers Club

Im staying away from the tracklisting too so I'll be clueless when it arrives... But I'm guessing it'll have a cover of Dur dur d'être bébé on there at least... Being the second greatest pop song ever produced in France and all that.

I wish there was but transforming this wonderful song and giving it a bossa nova vibe was probably too complicated. Furthermore, the song is perfect, nothing they can do would have make the song better.

Time once again to see how quickly it goes through customs! I've had two months where it made it through rather quickly... and one month where it was trapped in New York City for a week and a half and when it finally arrived, the album was badly warped. Coincidence? Probably, but I'm just saying that month suuuucked.

Time once again to see how quickly it goes through customs! I've had two months where it made it through rather quickly... and one month where it was trapped in New York City for a week and a half and when it finally arrived, the album was badly warped. Coincidence? Probably, but I'm just saying that month suuuucked.
Did you get a new copy? Can't remember sorry.

My copy of Nouvelle Vague just shipped! Looking very forward to putting it on the turntable! Cannot wait to spin it after a day of work! 😇🐒❤️

Let us know how you like it! I’m keen to hear your thoughts on this ROTM Skalap! 😄

I already shared. I love how they transform those French classics and give them a bossa-nova jazzy vibe (generally, not only on this album). Week-end à Rome is really well done and I see this album as a good introduction to other French names, both artists singing here or covered. Everyone should check, at least, on Mano Negra & Rita Mitsouko.

I already shared. I love how they transform those French classics and give them a bossa-nova jazzy vibe (generally, not only on this album). Week-end à Rome is really well done and I see this album as a good introduction to other French names, both artists singing here or covered. Everyone should check, at least, on Mano Negra & Rita Mitsouko.

Thanks for that past! A lovely mellow song that has a lot of punch to it! I’m looking even more forward now to receiving my Nouvelle Vague ROTM now! 😊

View attachment 69483
Aren’t we lucky to got this LP in august? Yes!

Yeah, this album rules. Funny thing is, their regular vinyl edition also appears to be a European import so honestly me getting it through WBC is probably cheaper than if I ordered the standard black from their Bandcamp.

Hope more people discover it, The Brooks might be Montreal's best-kept secret.

Back