Wax Buyers Club

Hey @NathanRicaud, I just heard that #InternationalCountryMusicDay is today. How do you feel about it? ;)
I first read this post as “InternationalMusicDay”! I didn’t even see the word “Country” in there. At first I was like ‘😍😍😍’. Then I saw the actual title and saw the word ‘Country’ and my face changed to ‘😝😷🤦‍♂️

I don’t think anything of InternationalCountryMusicDay! 😂🤷‍♂️

I do not know Fumuj, just started a listening on Spotify. It is Jarring Effects? It is time to get back in touch with Monsieur Mo.

Absolutely, they infortunately split a few years back but each of their records were on different labels. Robot is my favourite though, and is on Jarring Effects. ;)

Only their last LP was released on vinyl, Drop a Three is also amazing, but is not on streaming services, unfortunately.

If you like great mix of electronic music, rock & Hip-Hop with samples from Oz and The Sopranos, this is it.

Also, while I'm on the topic of asking you to press some french records, there are also the first EPs (Start from scratch, Back to the grain & The Loop) from Chill Bump, who share MC Miscellaneous with Fumuj that badly need to be pressed : Chill Bump

Reactions: Edd
You might know Mala Vida, from la Mano Negra and Marcia Baila and So young so cold by Kas Product;

...Nope, haven't heard them. 😓

Well, maybe I might have heard it as music in a car commercial or something playing in the background of a store, but I definitely don't recognize them. Still pretty good, stuff though! Swaps are Monday, right? I'll see what previous WBC releases are there, but I'll probably be keeping Nouvelle Vague.

...Nope, haven't heard them. 😓

Well, maybe I might have heard it as music in a car commercial or something playing in the background of a store, but I definitely don't recognize them. Still pretty good, stuff though! Swaps are Monday, right? I'll see what previous WBC releases are there, but I'll probably be keeping Nouvelle Vague.
All right then, I hope you'll like it any way. :)

Yes, Swap is the 28th of every month.

I'm going in blind on this one for a bit of fun. I love me a bit of France Gall, Bardot, Francoise Hardy so actually quite looking forward to it... although the album is tagged as New Wave so who knows.

Anyway, never heard of them and looking forward to hearing them.

I'm going in blind on this one for a bit of fun. I love me a bit of France Gall, Bardot, Francoise Hardy so actually quite looking forward to it... although the album is tagged as New Wave so who knows.

I’m going in blind on this one too! Looking very forward! The vinyl and packaging for this ROTM looks great too! 😍

Happy to know that this pressing sounds great too! It’s gonna be a treat to spin! 😎

Reactions: Edd

They got popular in France thanks to their bossa-nova versions of Joy Division, Clash or Undertones classics. I strongly recommend their first album. This one is a good introduction to French pop and some artists you would never hear of. I love the version of Week-end à Rome by Vanessa Paradis.

They got popular in France thanks to their bossa-nova versions of Joy Division, Clash or Undertones classics. I strongly recommend their first album. This one is a good introduction to French pop and some artists you would never hear of. I love the version of Week-end à Rome by Vanessa Paradis.
Im staying away from the tracklisting too so I'll be clueless when it arrives... But I'm guessing it'll have a cover of Dur dur d'être bébé on there at least... Being the second greatest pop song ever produced in France and all that.

Back