VNYL - What is this

Nick Alt will like all your photos and not even have the common courtesy to leave enough cash on the night stand for the cab ride home.

Actually, they have changed things up recently.

You don't select a Vibe that's a trend anymore. Now you pick between 5 or so exclusive pressings of the month. You get the 1 exclusive plus 2 curated picks. And yes, one of their other curated picks can be an other one of their exclusive. If you don't like any of the exclusives you can still pick an all curated options.

Their picks are getting better too. It's no longer just trendy bands and overstock they bought cheap. There are some real gems. I have gotten Tancred from them, Soccer Mommy, 311, Jimmy Hendrix, Metalica, Dana Fuchs, American Football, The Ting Tings, Kacy Muskgraves, Lovelytheband.

They take about 3 to 5 weeks to ship your order, but that is because they curate each order and write hand written notes. I have never had any issues with them over the last 2 years the quality of their offerings has definitely went up.

If you leave notes on your account of what you like they tend to following them. For example, I have instructions to pick female vocalists from indie, alternative and rock groups as well as country. And they do a pretty good job of trying to accommodate that request.

Last month I picked the Sun June Exclusive. They curated Neon Gold NGX: Ten Years of Neon Gold and Lovelytheband to go with it.

My only word of caution is for the most part they stick to new artist or things that have come out in the last decade. Only every once in awhile they throw out a pick where you get classics like Jimmy Hendrix. And you know what Jimmy Hendrix record they are giving you.

So if you are in to create digging and older music VNYL is not for you. If you like current alternative and indie music they do a great job lately.
So basically vnyl no longer sucks and vmp got worse

We are living in the worst timeline

Someone on r/vinyl posted an email from their CS that saw a video of a warped record he was trying to send back and was basically "nah, not bad enough warp for a refund"

I tried it at the top of the year. It was terrible. But I was initially interested because they pressed Omar Apollo's Stereo EP and Raveena's Shanti. I managed to get Omar, but not Raveena. Other than that, they sent me records I had absolutely no interest in.

This

but that is because they curate each order and write hand written notes. I have never had any issues with them over the last 2 years the quality of their offerings has definitely went up.

You're clearly having a good time with them, so I don't mean to be any drag on it, but I tried VNYL about two years ago when I found a 50% coupon on groupon. They "hand wrote" me the word for word exact same note two months in a row.

You're clearly having a good time with them, so I don't mean to be any drag on it, but I tried VNYL about two years ago when I found a 50% coupon on groupon. They "hand wrote" me the word for word exact same note two months in a row.
is it hand-written or hand-written font

I'd have to go check if I kept the notes in any of the records, but I'd have to guess a font. Even if their subscribers were in the low thousands, that's a lot of manual labor to actually hand write every month.

I’ve ordered exactly one record from them...Brent Faiyaz “Sonder Son”. It was an exclusive and they did 2 variants. The one I got is in the weirdest sleeve I’ve ever seen. It’s pretty much a big ziploc bag with a red ziploc. The lowest discogs price right now on the other variant that they pressed more of is $350 and I constantly get messages from people on discogs asking if I want to sell. The service itself looks pretty awful but the only album I got sounds great so I can’t knock it too hard. Never looked into it again and didn’t even realize it’s a subscription service.

I'd have to go check if I kept the notes in any of the records, but I'd have to guess a font. Even if their subscribers were in the low thousands, that's a lot of manual labor to actually hand write every month.
that is my thought

Back