Vinyl Storage Recommendation

Hey guys, I have another question about storage. I have my records in uhaul boxes and am about to put them into a storage locker for the next 6 months. I’ve read that I should put boxes on pallets since the concrete floor can cause mildew, is this something anyone has done?

Hey guys, I have another question about storage. I have my records in uhaul boxes and am about to put them into a storage locker for the next 6 months. I’ve read that I should put boxes on pallets since the concrete floor can cause mildew, is this something anyone has done?

you should definitely have some sort of spacer in there, either pallets or rubber workshop mats.

Thank you! Looking up pallets and they are pricey, any recommendations on where to get those?

check “rubber drainage mat” on Amazon. We use something like that in our basement under-stair closet to preserve stuff from the moisture that can wick up through the concrete.

if you have a truck and can get to the northside of SA, I have pallets for you. prob not worth it/helpful, but 🤷‍♀️
I may take you up on that actualy! Thank you, that could be super helpful. I will be in town this week and have some humid depressing chemical in my unit, but would love to get those pallets in a few days. You’re the man

I may take you up on that actualy! Thank you, that could be super helpful. I will be in town this week and have some humid depressing chemical in my unit, but would love to get those pallets in a few days. You’re the man
yeah, anytime during the weekday or in the evening with a little heads up! just message me if you decide to come down to San Antone and I can give you the address

yeah, anytime during the weekday or in the evening with a little heads up! just message me if you decide to come down to San Antone and I can give you the address
Honestly, moving has been brutal; can’t tell you how much I appreciate this!

As a general rule for future reference, construction sites dispose of ungodly numbers of pallets. If you can get access they are free for the taking all the time. These aren't fantastic pallets like a warehouse keeps for reuse but for scrap wood or very simple uses they are just fine.

As a general rule for future reference, construction sites dispose of ungodly numbers of pallets. If you can get access they are free for the taking all the time. These aren't fantastic pallets like a warehouse keeps for reuse but for scrap wood or very simple uses they are just fine.

on that note, I also have hella boxes and packing materials- so whatever you have need and room for
This community is awesome as usual. I have them boxed up pretty well, u-haul boxes seem to pack them in nicely, but I have a feeling I will take you up on the pallets. I'll message you tomorrow most likely. Thank you again so much!

on that note, I also have hella boxes and packing materials- so whatever you have need and room for
So I think I may not need those pallets after all. I have a friend letting me borrow these 2 stacks. Wild that it can hold that much weight, but grateful as hell for your offer man, slept a lot better last night because of it. 8BBD8E07-9891-43E6-A369-9EA6F9D1604B.jpeg104BFB43-3070-4303-9DB6-8ACB2F0102B7.jpeg

So I think I may not need those pallets after all. I have a friend letting me borrow these 2 stacks. Wild that it can hold that much weight, but grateful as hell for your offer man, slept a lot better last night because of it. View attachment 53193View attachment 53194
I have multiple of those shelves and can confirm they are sturdy as hell. One caveat is that most of the weight supporting capacity is in the heavier gauge metal rod running the perimeter of each shelf. For flat bottom things of any size it's not bad. They are awful for things like paint cans as only a couple wires are really holding the thing and it can easily tip. At any rate, I might suggest getting sort of distribution layer like plywood or even cardboard or at least insure the bottoms of the boxes fit across the outer edges.

I have multiple of those shelves and can confirm they are sturdy as hell. One caveat is that most of the weight supporting capacity is in the heavier gauge metal rod running the perimeter of each shelf. For flat bottom things of any size it's not bad. They are awful for things like paint cans as only a couple wires are really holding the thing and it can easily tip. At any rate, I might suggest getting sort of distribution layer like plywood or even cardboard or at least insure the bottoms of the boxes fit across the outer edges.
Oh awesome, I can do that tomorrow! Just loaded up 60 percent of the collection. I’m happy to hear someone else uses them. The edge of the boxes peak over the edge of the shelf just slightly. But it’s probably good to have a flat surface to keep it on7B1C4382-C047-4BBB-BE8A-697D376D0F99.jpeg

Anybody have recommendations for sleeves for box sets? Specifically looking for something for the MoFi One steps and similar sizes (approximately 1 1/4" thick). Would prefer something that has a flap on top or something to prevent dust from coming in from the tops. Thanks! Also, I'm moving some records and things into storage so think I'll pick up the same kind of shelving that @MattS grabbed!

Back