Vinyl Storage Recommendation

okay, so, I ordered a heavily customized version of this unit.

il_fullxfull.2214788226_hsz6.jpg

Shelf height is increased to 13.75" so that my In Rainbows + Deerhoof box sets finally fit. Depth increased from 14" to 15", added countersunk, removable backstops to the second tier shelves, and a narrow 4" top cabinet to fit my power conditioner, Sonos Port, and Sunderland phono. The vertical supports on the top cabinet are only about three inches deep and located to the rear of the compartment, so the majority of the shelf space there will be uninterrupted.

Ordered in solid walnut.

Will probably end up being the most expensive piece of furniture in the house, but the wife signed off on it, so hey.

View attachment 35308

Shelf height is increased to 13.75" so that my In Rainbows + Deerhoof box sets finally fit. Depth increased from 14" to 15", added countersunk, removable backstops to the second tier shelves, and a narrow 4" top cabinet to fit my power conditioner, Sonos Port, and Sunderland phono. The vertical supports on the top cabinet are only about three inches deep and located to the rear of the compartment, so the majority of the shelf space there will be uninterrupted.

Ordered in solid walnut.

Will probably end up being the most expensive piece of furniture in the house, but the wife signed off on it, so hey.
nice! let us know how it turns out!

View attachment 35308

Ordered in solid walnut.

That looks great, I like it a lot.

How do you store picture discs

Basically like any other record I have on the shelf.

The two that I have came in those awful PVC sleeves, so what I've done is put the disc in a Mofi inner and put both it and the empty PVC sleeve into a polypropylene outer sleeve. I would have flat-out binned the PVC sleeve if it didn't have a sticker with the track listing on it, but it all fits nicely.

That looks great, I like it a lot.

Thanks! Spent a few days going back and forth with Dan, the owner of the shop, hashing out details. He was extremely easy to work with. I look forward to reporting on the quality of the woodwork! (From what I can see in the photos, it seems very polished.)

Anybody have a recommendation for a flipbin alternative? Flipbins seem to be out of stock everywhere with no sign of coming back into stock (I reached out to their CS to see if they have any idea when they might be back in stock).

Anybody have a recommendation for a flipbin alternative? Flipbins seem to be out of stock everywhere with no sign of coming back into stock (I reached out to their CS to see if they have any idea when they might be back in stock).
Got one of these from Target, they work well, the right size and not very expensive, the large version of course :)

Got one of these from Target, they work well, the right size and not very expensive :)
Thanks! Do you know roughly how many LPs you can fit in it? It figures that as soon as I'm ready to pull the trigger on a flipbin, I can't find them anywhere in stock hah

I got one of these on Amazon. I’ve been happy with it, though I did have to take a trashed jacket (or you could just use a thrift shop junk record) In the back to prevent the back rest from digging into whatever album was at the rear of the stack. Works like a charm with something there as a buffer though!

Hudson Hi-Fi Desktop Vinyl Record... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075KQF4K3?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Thanks! Do you know roughly how many LPs you can fit in it? It figures that as soon as I'm ready to pull the trigger on a flipbin, I can't find them anywhere in stock hah
Judging by the size maybe a few more than the Flip Bin.

I’m hoping he does another run. It’s just a one man show at Flipbin.

I came across the Eket on the IKEA app just now. Looks like a slight variation of the Kallax with backing and legs. Style of legs vary depending on the color.

06AA61FF-0497-4091-B1F5-9FDABDA6DA08.jpeg

I came across the Eket on the IKEA app just now. Looks like a slight variation of the Kallax with backing and legs. Style of legs vary depending on the color.

View attachment 52016

I've seen it in store. The cubicles are smaller than a kallax. I can't remember exactly of they would fit an LP but I remember the insert boxes for the kallax don't fit in this one.

I got in touch with the guy and he said they are working on another run of them. It’s just been slow going with COVID shutting things down.

My cabinet is also running behind, probably five weeks from shipping. Lot of businesses have it hard right now!

Sorry if this has been covered already but are the Target or Walmart “Kallax” shelves an acceptable alternative to Ikea’s? In terms of sturdiness/weight capacity

Sorry if this has been covered already but are the Target or Walmart “Kallax” shelves an acceptable alternative to Ikea’s? In terms of sturdiness/weight capacity
Mine was from Home Depot and is pretty darn sturdy. I think they all will be fine so long as you distribute weight properly.

Back