Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

This whole thing is making me wonder if I should maybe cancel the Impulse anthology. Kind of making me nervous that it's several hundred just on hopes and prayers at this point.

I'm not changing anything. The article claims they were fired in March. That means we are a few months in already and things are keeping on. I imagine eventually they'll press it. This seems more like things got too expensive at the plang and heads rolled/trying to recoup costs/appease private equity

I'm not changing anything. The article claims they were fired in March. That means we are a few months in already and things are keeping on. I imagine eventually they'll press it. This seems more like things got too expensive at the plang and heads rolled/trying to recoup costs/appease private equity
The "pressing records in a timely and professional manner" does not inspire confidence regardless of the crux of the lawsuit. A giant waiving red flag when spending so much.

Interesting. Article definitely has a slant towards the board.

As usually is the case, private equity/greed corrupted something.
Not sure that's the take here. Sounds like those guys were just a little too passionate about the plant and basically committed fraud to try to keep it going. I'm not an attorney, but if what is alleged is true, I wonder whether they've left themselves open for criminal prosecution, too.

I have to say, I've certainly been confused about the relationship between the plant and VMP. Everything VMP sends out makes it sound like it's "their plant."

The "pressing records in a timely and professional manner" does not inspire confidence regardless of the crux of the lawsuit. A giant waiving red flag when spending so much.
Like, at this point, even if I get it, I'm not trusting the "best vinyl pressing plant" claims right now. I'm getting circus vibes from this whole thing, and a good chunk of money riding on the circus somehow being a smash hit.

Back