Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

This is a cool one. Been pushing for them to do more Toussaint. They are looking into Southern Nights too as future ROTM
Yep, this is a beautiful LP. Highly recommended for anyone who loves Toussaint and/or New Orleans music and/or Marc Ribot and/or life in general.:D I have an OG or I might bite on this, but damn their prices!

The Nonesuch selection has been quite idiosyncratic. None of the 4 made my jaw drop, and all felt pretty ho-hum in the sense that their catalogue is pretty deep and would have a lot of titles that I would have hoped for instead
I doubt they had the pick of the litter. I’m in for the Toussaint but that’s it so far.

I procrastinated on swaps this month and now, in an unexpected turn of events, I can no longer swap for Little Richard (it's on standby for adding a track). I did not see that coming. Looks like I'm swapping for credit unless someone can sell me on why I should swap for the live Ray Charles.

I procrastinated on swaps this month and now, in an unexpected turn of events, I can no longer swap for Little Richard (it's on standby for adding a track). I did not see that coming. Looks like I'm swapping for credit unless someone can sell me on why I should swap for the live Ray Charles.
You should be able to add a different track & then swap for it. That still shows as an option for me...

You should be able to add a different track & then swap for it. That still shows as an option for me...
My main sub is Country, so I was planning to swap that for Little Richard, but it is not an option bc it is on standby. I am able to swap for Ray, I just don't know how much I actually want that record.

My main sub is Country, so I was planning to swap that for Little Richard, but it is not an option bc it is on standby. I am able to swap for Ray, I just don't know how much I actually want that record.
Don’t try to switch from country to rock. Stay on country and do “swap this record” and scroll down to ROTM. It should be there;

1714409945416.png

Weirdly the track itself is on standby but it lets you swap from another track. Wondering if they have just reached capacity of people signed up for Rock and won’t let people join it for fear of overselling again
Playing games with thresholds is how they oversell. My guess would be that more likely, someone swapped their Richard making an opening to swap for it.

Playing games with thresholds is how they oversell. My guess would be that more likely, someone swapped their Richard making an opening to swap for it.
Nah it’s been swappable this way for the past 5 days or so. Smarter for them to lock the track for no new subscribers because then they know how many people are locked in next month. Swaps reset otherwise.

Back