Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I'm canny pissed off that Love Movement is in there. Given I haven't actually received my copy yet. I get that sometimes stuff goes in but an album they are only just shipping with a retail of $90? That's grim form by VMP and kinda makes a mockery of everyone who pre-ordered months and months ago

I'm canny pissed off that Love Movement is in there. Given I haven't actually received my copy yet. I get that sometimes stuff goes in but an album they are only just shipping with a retail of $90? That's grim form by VMP and kinda makes a mockery of everyone who pre-ordered months and months ago

It did qualify for at least one 40% off sale and I think was listed in stock for the last 30% off sale. So while it might not’ve been the best deal compared to a swaption, there have been chances for people to jump on it at a lower price.

Things like this happen so often it's yet another reason I REALLY hesitate to give them my money unless it's an unbeatable deal. I did just get my shipping notification for The Love Movement today however so hopefully you get yours soon too.

I do approach most VMP purchases differently now, with the expectation that patience will eventually be rewarded by a deep discount. I think a handful of ROTMs seem to be the only thing selling out at the original price, but for things like exclusives or anthologies, patience and attention to any sales seems to be the best bet.

Having said that I did buy last week’s Rising at full price, but I figured at $25 it had a reasonable starting price to take the plunge. I might be a little bummed if it eventually shows up in a sale at like $15 but that’s kind of the way things break, yknow?

I do approach most VMP purchases differently now, with the expectation that patience will eventually be rewarded by a deep discount. I think a handful of ROTMs seem to be the only thing selling out at the original price, but for things like exclusives or anthologies, patience and attention to any sales seems to be the best bet.

Having said that I did buy last week’s Rising at full price, but I figured at $25 it had a reasonable starting price to take the plunge. I might be a little bummed if it eventually shows up in a sale at like $15 but that’s kind of the way things break, yknow?

With rsd this weekend I'm waiting on that rising. $25 for it is right at my "stop and think for a second" price

Still nothing on my end. All my subs shipped today, but no Dolly or outstanding orders.
Did you check your member portal (not that it will help with Dolly unless that was all you had that month)? That’s the only way I know my ROTM should be with my Tony Rice.

Finally got the shipping notice yesterday… Oliver Nelson and a swap for Chalino Sanchez.

None of this month’s titles are piquing my interest, though… tried streaming the Alice Coltrane and it (surprisingly) was not doing anything for me. Swaps looks kinda weak too. Maybe time for me to let the subscription expire finally🤔🤷🏼‍♂️. How are some of you other long time subscribers feeling about it these days?

Finally got the shipping notice yesterday… Oliver Nelson and a swap for Chalino Sanchez.

None of this month’s titles are piquing my interest, though… tried streaming the Alice Coltrane and it (surprisingly) was not doing anything for me. Swaps looks kinda weak too. Maybe time for me to let the subscription expire finally🤔🤷🏼‍♂️. How are some of you other long time subscribers feeling about it these days?

Nothing for me this month. Will try to swap for ATCQ, if not it will be credits.

Same here apart from I dont want ATCQ :). Ive taken one this year so far ! June im good and hoping for an upturn in picks both for ROTms and Exclusives or else I will have a pile of credit and nothing to use it on. I could see my self resubbing using the cash (which makes absolutely no sense)

This is probably the weakest month I can remember in a long time. Probably swapping for credit unless I decide to take a chance on something.

Things like this happen so often it's yet another reason I REALLY hesitate to give them my money unless it's an unbeatable deal. I did just get my shipping notification for The Love Movement today however so hopefully you get yours soon too.
Mine has just turned up.... along with the full 4LP set of Off Air records that I'd ordered and then cancelled when they sent the last shipping delay on them.

Maybe they pre-empted how pissed I'd be about the whole swaps situation and decided to throw me one. Or maybe its VMP

How are some of you other long time subscribers feeling about it these days?
Not great! I re-subbed in December to take advantage of the 8 freebies offer, and I've already run out of things I want to swap for. I will probably grab Little Richard this month, and looking like swap for credit next month. Really hoping for a much stronger Q3. Any hints or leaks yet?

Not great! I re-subbed in December to take advantage of the 8 freebies offer, and I've already run out of things I want to swap for. I will probably grab Little Richard this month, and looking like swap for credit next month. Really hoping for a much stronger Q3. Any hints or leaks yet?

DMX - It’s Dark and Hell is Hot is confirmed

Back