Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I emailed VMP about the Denzel Curry alternate sleeve issue and I was surprised to see that they gave me $24 for the exclusive. I knew they were giving some people store credit but I didn't think they'd give me the full album value

I'm not familiar with this issue, but I do have the Denzel bundle coming. I can no longer access the ZUU "nutrition facts" so I'm not sure what's up.

I'm not familiar with this issue, but I do have the Denzel bundle coming. I can no longer access the ZUU "nutrition facts" so I'm not sure what's up.
The sleeve was advertised as an "alternate cover," as they flipped the color of denzel's name to orange and made the album title green vs the standard where denzel's name is green and the title is orange. However they didn't do this on the release that I have and it looks like the standard sleeve. False advertising almost, even if it really doesn't affect me at ALL.

The sleeve was advertised as an "alternate cover," as they flipped the color of denzel's name to orange and made the album title green vs the standard where denzel's name is green and the title is orange. However they didn't do this on the release that I have and it looks like the standard sleeve. False advertising almost, even if it really doesn't affect me at ALL.
I'd be pretty pissed about that. If VMP is putting out collectible items, then the alternate cover is part of what makes it collectible. But they continue to fail on QC processes. This is far from the first time They've failed on this, but it's equally disappointing every time. Their whole "exclusives" really have become a total s***show between the delays and now failing to deliver what was advertised.

I'm still giving them a chance for some exclusives, because sometime what they make is simply fantastic. But I always make my voice heard when they don't deliver what was promised.

@NathanRicaud have you ever heard the song that Fantasy is sampled from? I am not trying to assume but you are youngish and might not have heard Genius of Love. Great tune. Check it out. Makes the Mariah song even better. As a matter of fact that is my fav Mariah song bc of the original.

I love Fantasy and funk and had never heard Genius of Love, it's great! Thanks for enlightening me!

Holy Crap. Now those will make me want to resub.

But why do they continue to use mediocre pressing plants? At least with the Prestige titles, they could say that Rainbo had the contract. Is this part of a bigger Fania reissue campaign?
Got my Amazon version of Fania All Stars Vol. 2 delivered today.
For the curious, this pressing is from MPO (which makes sense as it says it is from France).
While I would rank MPO close to GZ, I don't know if this is much better than MRP and Kevin Grey doing the remasters may have me leaning towards the VMP versions...

If anyone's interested:

1. Tyler informed me that Joel Ross arrived TODAY and orders should be going out tomorrow
2. Shura, while listed as "pending," is still due to be shipped in September and Tyler was unaware of any reason it wouldn't

What peach variant? For the band Big Thief?
Yeah for the "sister album" to UFOF

Yeah for the "sister album" to UFOF
Ohh gotcha. They said them as if VMP was being referenced.

Back