Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

got my bongo box today. thanks for pointing this one out. really enjoying this right now !

Yeah, this holding back my current shipment of 8 records because of just 1 arriving late is the last straw for me. I have no issue with records getting delayed that's not VMPs fault. Holding back my other 7 records is though.

What really grinds my gears is the “ships in 5-7 days” on my orders page. It’s meaningless. I’d rather they wrote “dude, we will totally try to ship these records in August, but it might not happen. We aren’t sure.”

9B8773D9-88DB-486E-A53F-F58B16193B5A.jpeg

lol my mom would kill me if i bought mariah carey

she HATES mariah carey
Still grab the album and play it LOUD. As soon as the first track - Fantasy - plays, start singing and dance like you’re a teenager who was obsessed with being like Britney Spears’ in the ....Baby One More Time video!

Then, sip your tea and just be elegant and posh when the next song - Underneath The Stars - comes on and just say how marvellous that track was, how it managed to sound so vintage and retro yet so elegant and contemporary.

Then you can explain to your mum how One Sweet Day was the longest running #1 hit of the 90’s, deservedly so!

Dedicate Always Be Your Baby to your mum. Tell her that you will always be a part of her and love her indefinitely!

I’m sure your mum will love it all and find you adorable and cute 😍🙊

Still grab the album and play it LOUD. As soon as the first track - Fantasy - plays, start singing and dance like you’re a teenager who was obsessed with being like Britney Spears’ in the ....Baby One More Time video!

Then, sip your tea and just be elegant and posh when the next song - Underneath The Stars - comes on and just say how marvellous that track was, how it managed to sound so vintage and retro yet so elegant and contemporary.

Then you can explain to your mum how One Sweet Day was the longest running #1 hit of the 90’s, deservedly so!

Dedicate Always Be Your Baby to your mum. Tell her that you will always be a part of her and love her indefinitely!

@NathanRicaud have you ever heard the song that Fantasy is sampled from? I am not trying to assume but you are youngish and might not have heard Genius of Love. Great tune. Check it out. Makes the Mariah song even better. As a matter of fact that is my fav Mariah song bc of the original.

she'd be busy telling me how much she hates her voice and how it pierces her ears

she'd be busy telling me how much she hates her voice and how it pierces her ears
Ahhhh that makes more sense now! Fair enough! No chance of your Mum ever liking much of any of Mariah Carey’s discography then. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

Maybe she would like her song “The Roof” however, as Mariah sings in her lower register the whole time. The production is hazy, dark, rich and drowns itself in Mariah’s creamy, deep rap-singing vocals. Therefore vocally, it isn’t reminiscent of the Mariah Carey typical sound. Her vocals are subtle and the lyrics are poetic and picturesque and the overall sound of the song is sensual, discreet and dreamy. Its amazing how she sampled a gritty, thuggish, hard-hitting beat and made it sound so elegant, mysterious, rich and romantic. It’s sampling at its best! 💎

It’s one of my favourite Mariah’s songs! Play a bunch of songs and put The Roof in the mix without telling your Mum. Maybe she’ll then really dig it! 😊

If your Mum likes that song, then you’re getting the Daydream exclusive - especially if you’re able to swap it! No excuses! 🙅‍♀️🙅‍♂️

@NathanRicaud have you ever heard the song that Fantasy is sampled from? I am not trying to assume but you are youngish and might not have heard Genius of Love. Great tune. Check it out. Makes the Mariah song even better. As a matter of fact that is my fav Mariah song bc of the original.
I love Genius of Love, it’s such a great song. I knew that song because I was really into funk from the late 70’s/early 80’s. So I absolutely loved tracks like Bounce, Rock, Roll, Skate and Forget Me Nots, 777-9311, I Need Your Lovin etc.

West End records was my favourite label with Heartbeat by Taana Gardner and Do It To The Music by Raw Silk being my favourite singles from the label!

Grand Theft Auto Vice City was what made me (and a lot of other people) fall in love with that post-disco/funk kind of music. Me and my friends always had Fever 105’ on! The Whispers’ track “And The Beat Goes On” and Evelyn Champagne King’s “Shame” were my two favourite songs on there!

Damn this Weyes Blood album is still so good. It’s currently sitting at #2 on my AOTY list. The vinyl looks good and about halfway through side A is sounding good too. The signed art print is nice too I suppose.

Another month, another long wait … I still haven't received a shipping notice. I guess it's bc the Joel Ross I swapped for?

Anyway, happy to hear that the Weyes Blood repress sounds good!

Back