Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I saw this bundle come up on VMP's twitter again and you know what....? It's bothering me more than I thought it would.
View attachment 156216

None of these actually fall under the definition of a supergroup. Wu would ONLY if they all released solo work beforehand.

Yeah, not supergroups in the classic sense, more after the fact. Like calling the Yardbirds or the Beatles or Genesis supergroups rather than Led Zeppelin, Cream, Bad Company, etc.

Yeah, not supergroups in the classic sense, more after the fact. Like calling the Yardbirds or the Beatles or Genesis supergroups rather than Led Zeppelin, Cream, Bad Company, etc.
Pretty sure the target audience on the tweet were not born yet when those albums came out so a little retcon to help sell them makes sense

I haven't regularly used VMP since roughly 2018 when they annexed the forum, jacked up their prices and lost quality control. The lone exception was a 3 album binge last winter when they released Mars Volta and QotSA.

The insane pricing on store exclusives make me wanna vomit and I've spent $40 on a record maybe 5x over the years. Like I'm lower middle class bitches 😂

That said, Grimes' Visions is a top 10 album of all-time for me and the OG pressing is dogshit. So I've been eying that for a long minute. And despite mad Beasties love I only have their first 2 albums (one was a gift, the other purchased on sale for $15) due to to the nearly $40 price tags.

Which means that the release of Check Your Head @ $40 has me thinking of 3 album splurging.

So-- couple questions

A) Those of you that have Visions-- is it a quality pressing?
B) How is the 36 Chambers pressing, the Darkside pressing and / or the Bright Eyes pressings? I have a copy of Wide Awake that is pretty meh. My OG Physic sounds great but that's a top 10 electronic album for me so I'm tempted. But of the 3 I lean towards Wu because I don't own a copy since the ones on market typically have really bad reviews on Discogs.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I haven't regularly used VMP since roughly 2018 when they annexed the forum, jacked up their prices and lost quality control. The lone exception was a 3 album binge last winter when they released Mars Volta and QotSA.

The insane pricing on store exclusives make me wanna vomit and I've spent $40 on a record maybe 5x over the years. Like I'm lower middle class bitches 😂

That said, Grimes' Visions is a top 10 album of all-time for me and the OG pressing is dogshit. So I've been eying that for a long minute. And despite mad Beasties love I only have their first 2 albums (one was a gift, the other purchased on sale for $15) due to to the nearly $40 price tags.

Which means that the release of Check Your Head @ $40 has me thinking of 3 album splurging.

So-- couple questions

A) Those of you that have Visions-- is it a quality pressing?
B) How is the 36 Chambers pressing, the Darkside pressing and / or the Bright Eyes pressings? I have a copy of Wide Awake that is pretty meh. My OG Physic sounds great but that's a top 10 electronic album for me so I'm tempted. But of the 3 I lean towards Wu because I don't own a copy since the ones on market typically have really bad reviews on Discogs.

Thanks!
I don’t have a copy to compare it against, but I thought Bright Eyes sounded fantastic. However, my first copy was riddled with noise so I had to ask for a replacement. The replacement was dead silent thankfully.

I was never able to get a good copy of Wu-Tang and I I think most people had issues with theirs as well.

I don’t have a copy to compare it against, but I thought Bright Eyes sounded fantastic. However, my first copy was riddled with noise so I had to ask for a replacement. The replacement was dead silent thankfully.

I was never able to get a good copy of Wu-Tang and I I think most people had issues with theirs as well.
I also never got a good pressing of Wu. Darkside sounds great. If you're a fan- the Interpol is a big improvement over the one I got a few years back.

Said this on the discord, but this is a comp for what they did with Spirit In the Dark. Get a great engineer to do a new mastering of something that hasn't been pressed in a while and then press it into oblivion at an attractive price point (5k copies is what I'm seeing). Think this one is going to be really good, but I don't think it lasts as long as Aretha has with all the Dead Heads out there.

Was just going to say, I'll probably buy this but would definitely prefer a pressing of Apartment Life.
Already own them, BUT repressings of Lately and Realistic would be welcome too (to retire my originals). However, I don't see a lot of albums from Seed Records ever getting reissued, so who knows if that will happen...

Back