Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I was looking at some comments on Discogs. Do they pay people to leave comments?

I don’t think they need to. There always been an undercurrent of overly effusive praise and shutting down criticism in their community. It was pretty oppressive at times in the old forum from a couple of members in particular.

also, it was mostly spurred by a weird exchange on the Coleman record. Where the folks talking were talking about how great it was and apologizing for possible slights that may have been perceived and being overly cordial towards each other.

I feel like I might have been a culprit once upon a time.

I always remember you being fine. And I’m not really talking about curation so much. That’s taste driven and we won’t always agree and will always have a back and forth and I’m not going to feel that’s in anyway wrong or oppressive.

It’s more at the time when there was a trend of warps and crackles and one or two would constantly be questioning systems or cleaning regimes or whatever month after month and you just got sick of repeating the same old shit the the same one or two people in particular.

I always remember you being fine. And I’m not really talking about curation so much. That’s taste driven and we won’t always agree and will always have a back and forth and I’m not going to feel that’s in anyway wrong or oppressive.

It’s more at the time when there was a trend of warps and crackles and one or two would constantly be questioning systems or cleaning regimes or whatever month after month and you just got sick of repeating the same old shit the the same one or two people in particular.
Ah yeah. I was more of the “give them a chance guys” guy

Ah yeah. I was more of the “give them a chance guys” guy

And believe it or not so was I, I liked being a member for a good while. But there was a definite period where classics were different degrees of warped every month.

Plus I remember one former forumer in particular absolutely refusing to believe the beach house one had crackle because his didn’t. Even after they repressed it…

And believe it or not so was I, I liked being a member for a good while. But there was a definite period where classics were different degrees of warped every month.

Plus I remember one former forumer in particular absolutely refusing to believe the beach house one had crackle because his didn’t. Even after they repressed it…
My first copy of Beach House was complete crap.

I definitely bought what they were selling community wise for a bit.

Yeah I mean once you got away from the super collectors and uncritical fan boys it was a really nice community that was cultivated there.

It just took us all a while to realise that it was incidental to the company, it was the people who had come together and not the company that had set it up or their product.

For those that DO care it looks like it'll be this one.

Doesn't look limited. Late March street date.

$47 USD so my guess is VMP will come in at either $49 or $52.

Here it is. Strangely cheaper than the official store!

Back