Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I think it has something to do with ORG records now? They've put out Sun compilations for years. I bet its a repress of this:
I have that version, this one seems different. I spent some time searching earlier no where has info on them. Sun records is selling both the Riley and the Rich. They don’t have the Perkins. All of their records have the 70th anniversary icon and none of those appear to be on Org’s site.

Amazon has the Rich for $20. I may take a flyer just to see what the heck is up.

My assumption before I started digging was Sundazed. Usually VMP tells us who the reissue label is right? So it may actually be Sun…

Swapped Miles Davis for Sessa’s store exclusive. That album hit all the right notes for me, excited to own it on wax!

Still debating if I need this J Dilla, Townes is a no brainer

Swapped Miles Davis for Sessa’s store exclusive. That album hit all the right notes for me, excited to own it on wax!

Still debating if I need this J Dilla, Townes is a no brainer
I'm still tempted by the Townes and might get it in a future swap.

I have this pressing which is good but if the VMP sounds considerably better I would be tempted to upgrade. My favourite Townes album.

I seem to remember @D Jilla having a first pressing!

I am dithering on the Beasties but think I will swap for credits and maybe grab it down the line. That said I should actually see if there is anything in swaps that I want.

Is it bad that I just can't get into Townes? How can I not be wowed by one of the supposed best country records of all time? Really debating on swapping this. Anybody have the Bob Wills?

Last edited:
Is it bad that I just can't get into Townes? How can I not be wowed by one of the supposed best country records of all time? Really debating on swapping this. Anybody have the Bob Wills?

Have you listened to any of his first few studio albums? Maybe that will help.

Everyone has their own taste and it's possible this just doesn't work for you. And, yes, I have the Bob Wills and I think it's great. Keep in mind it's not pristine, but it's about as good as he/they will sound considering what's available.

I'm still tempted by the Townes and might get it in a future swap.

I have this pressing which is good but if the VMP sounds considerably better I would be tempted to upgrade. My favourite Townes album.

I seem to remember @D Jilla having a first pressing!
I do indeed! Still surprised you don’t have one considering your first pressing collection 😀

So yeah, no need for Townes, but I’m pretty excited about the Miles. Never heard that one before but really liked it when previewing it.

It’s raw, for sure. Took me a while to get into him but eventually became my favorite county artist of all time.

Back