Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I knew I had read something about Denver and records a few days ago and I found it. Victrola is relocating to the same neighborhood. Maybe one of their partners? They have a vested interest in more records too.

while i'm midly surprised it hasn't happened already given their focus on 'experiences', i long figured it was only a matter of time before a vmp branded turntable was put out. perhaps this is the way.

with a custom platter to counteract warps
Imagine if that's been the gameplan all along. All of the warps we received have actually been exactly the same and their next level "audiophile" phase is to release a custom platter that's moulded to the warps to create a level record.

Mather has been their test subject. Patient Zero.

One press putting out 40,000 records a month. Given there are roughly 22 working days in a month and 7 working hours in a day that’s 260 records an hour on this one press. Even on shift with it running 24 hours a day that’s 76 a hour which is assuming more than one a minute and no down time between shifts and for breaks.
This is assuming they can actually staff the pressing plant. In this market, does not matter who / where you are, that is a tall order.

shadow_dancing480923_large.jpg

Hey, remember this thing? Just got an email saying it’ll be shipping in June.

It originally was slated for mid-February. :/

Imagine if that's been the gameplan all along. All of the warps we received have actually been exactly the same and their next level "audiophile" phase is to release a custom platter that's moulded to the warps to create a level record.

Mather has been their test subject. Patient Zero.

Vmp employee assigned to Mather mailer duty:

cMfkFGP.gif

New anthology ready for packing:

warped-records-technics.jpg

VMP advertising that they are doing euphoria tomorrow

Am I the only person sick of seeing this show on Twitter and knowing nothing and not caring.
I wonder if this is an exclusive or standard press?

Honestly, I was the same but recently binged the 2 seasons after my fiancee finally convinced me. Its pretty decent and the soundtrack was a standout for me. Reminds me of a high budget, more modern version of Skins which was a teenage/coming of age/drink&drug fueled rampage of a show here in the UK back in the mid-2000s.

I wonder if this is an exclusive or standard press?

Honestly, I was the same but recently binged the 2 seasons after my fiancee finally convinced me. Its pretty decent and the soundtrack was a standout for me. Reminds me of a high budget, more modern version of Skins which was a teenage/coming of age/drink&drug fueled rampage of a show here in the UK back in the mid-2000s.

Am I miss remembering or were Foals playing in a kitchen at a party in the first season. The first couple of seasons of that, before they changed the cast, were fantastic, after that it all went a bit meh. It must be at least 15 years since it was first out?

Am I miss remembering or were Foals playing in a kitchen at a party in the first season. The first couple of seasons of that, before they changed the cast, were fantastic, after that it all went a bit meh. It must be at least 15 years since it was first out?
Yeah, I seem to remember that as well. I agree, the 2 seasons were good but I completely gave up after the cast change.

Damn, I just checked and it first aired in 2007. Thats depressing.

Yeah, I seem to remember that as well. I agree, the 2 seasons were good but I completely gave up after the cast change.

Damn, I just checked and it first aired in 2007. Thats depressing.

Yeah I though it was around about when I first moved here because I was still young enough, 24, to kinda relate lol.

1651075095430.png

1651075120631.png

1651075204167.png

View attachment 137115

View attachment 137116

Both excellent albums. I'm assuming that they are the same as the existing plates/reissues? I grabbed Veneer new at a local recently for around $25.

This sounds fun but I don't see any mention of the sourcing or mastering details.

Is anyone familiar with Pirates Press or with Law records?
Never heard of Law records. Unless things have changed recently, Pirates Press is just a broker, not a pressing plant. I think they typically just use GZ (and that's probably why VMP chose to list them instead).

Either way, Steel Pulse is pretty good and I never see their albums around, so I'm considering this one.

Never heard of Law records. Unless things have changed recently, Pirates Press is just a broker, not a pressing plant. I think they typically just use GZ (and that's probably why VMP chose to list them instead).

Either way, Steel Pulse is pretty good and I never see their albums around, so I'm considering this one.
I bought, clean copies on discogs go for almost triple this.

Back