Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

FWIW the Idris Muhammad is very very good.
I’ve been looking fruitlessly for a decently priced copy off the Idris Muhammad album, and I was waiting for today’s Throwback sale to see if it would show up, and I learned from yesterday’s preview that it would. I’m also hoping to get May’s Essential — ATCQ “Low End Theory.”

But I’m not a member of VMP and didn’t know the Throwback sale is only for members. So, I killed two birds w/ one stone. I was on for Throwback at 9am sharp (actually went up a couple minutes early), signed up for Essentials for one month, was able to get a copy of the Idris Muhammad, and I’ve already swapped my April Essentials for credit that I’ll use to buy the ATCQ in May.

Feeling pretty good about this outcome! I may have gotten the last copy of Muhammad bc it was gone by the time I finished my purchase.

100%! (I've coveted the half-speed master for awhile, but have yet to bite.)

Though I'd be unsurprised by and accepting of Fully Completely or Up To Here as well.
Yeah it's Miles @ Abbey and it's pretty good. I suspect it's digital, although I suspect the original recording is likely digital. But it's good, not earth shattering, but pretty good.

I’ve been looking fruitlessly for a decently priced copy off the Idris Muhammad album, and I was waiting for today’s Throwback sale to see if it would show up, and I learned from yesterday’s preview that it would. I’m also hoping to get May’s Essential — ATCQ “Low End Theory.”

But I’m not a member of VMP and didn’t know the Throwback sale is only for members. So, I killed two birds w/ one stone. I was on for Throwback at 9am sharp (actually went up a couple minutes early), signed up for Essentials for one month, was able to get a copy of the Idris Muhammad, and I’ve already swapped my April Essentials for credit that I’ll use to buy the ATCQ in May.

Feeling pretty good about this outcome! I may have gotten the last copy of Muhammad bc it was gone by the time I finished my purchase.

Well played bit of strategy! You’ll love that Idris, I go back and forth between that and Axelrod as my favorite titles from that Jazz Dispensary collection.

I wouldn't say it infuriates me, but it is annoying how the artist, title, catalogue number, logo, etc doesn't line up on the spine. It should be a standard template that they use for each release, it really isn't that difficult.

I'm not a graphic designer but it does play a huge part in my job as an Architect and the use of a template to ensure pages, drawing packs, etc are consistent is such a basic part of what we do. The whole point of a template is to make sure things are consistent and allow any number of people to work on a different title whilst maintaining consistency. I bet professional graphic designers would pull their hair out seeing this .

Hell, with Cornbread they even used a different font style for the title.

View attachment 132071

Whatever you do, don’t line up your BN Tone Poets next to each other…
I did just that the other week. Soooooo annoying.

i just organize by name and i have separated out jazz from all other genres. i think i'd go crazy if i organized by label or catalogue number like some people do. it would make it a chore just to find which record to listen to.
Im guilty of that for Blue Notes, Impulses and a few others. With those I have a decent idea of their numbers for the ones I have, but the more I add the trickier it gets.

Whoever wants to take a flyer on this one should do some price shopping. Bunch of preorder links went up this morning.

Back