Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Have you heard his other stuff? "Watermelon man" is his most famous thing by far (well and Mel brooks riffs on his name in "blazing saddles")
Yeah I am familiar with some of his other stuff, including Watermelon Man, but never heard this full album before now. Sounds fantastic!

In Herbie Hancock's autobiography, he talks about how the success of Mongo Santamaria's version benefitted him greatly. Herbie was one of the few musicians that retained rights to his music and I think I'm remembering correctly that he said Santamaria's version paid his bills for several years.

But seriously, for me, the Donna Summer and Jazz Dispensary titles would be the ones I'd make a beeline for if I didn't already have them. Although I'm assuming the titles won't be discounted prices, so Jazz Dispensary is gonna be something like $45 a pop which is still ridiculous.

Just to throw in another reference, the Jazz Dispensary releases are fantastic. I ended up getting all of them across the space of a few months through swaps/credit/etc and they are really well done.

I would say they are at the high end out what I personally would pay if I was to buy them outright and I assume these will be full-priced.

Just to throw in another reference, the Jazz Dispensary releases are fantastic. I ended up getting all of them across the space of a few months through swaps/credit/etc and they are really well done.

I would say they are at the high end out what I personally would pay if I was to buy them outright and I assume these will be full-priced.

I think they were all fantastic, very well done. Tone Poet quality so worth the money in my book.

just FYI.

just FYI.
$8 USD cheaper through VMP for Canadians unfortunately.
Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 10.09.19 AM.png

$8 USD cheaper through VMP for Canadians unfortunately.
View attachment 133303
not surprised! shipping from most places to canada is crazy so VMP makes sense in a lot of ways if you are international.

but looks like this one will have a pretty wide release for US folks curious about it. i expect this will be in many other shops too. don't see anything about the regular release being limited.

Reddit seems convinced there'll be more in the TBT stock. I'm pretty sure that preview tweet is gonna be everything the same way their swaps previews show everything available...

Back