Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Classics was showing as waitlist for me as well but I could swap to Lee Morgan from within SWAPs but adding the track says waitlist me.

Currently looking at

Wu-Tang
Lee Morgan
Goodie Mob

Need to give Emmylou another spin but it hasn't stuck yet, a bit too country lol. I swapped Public Enemy so hopefully one of y'all gets that kickback hahah
I went signed up for Lee Morgan too. I was hoping I wouldn’t enjoy but I knew 30 seconds into “Raggedy Ann” that I need to jump on this one too.

Damn I want to swap Wu-Tang for the Public Enemy, I had no idea people would be after it so much that it sells out.
I think al lot of folks were switched over to R&HH for last month as essentials was a bit of a niche album. I would think that some might switch over to some of the others and additional R&HH subs might open up. We shall see.

I think al lot of folks were switched over to R&HH for last month as essentials was a bit of a niche album. I would think that some might switch over to some of the others and additional R&HH subs might open up. We shall see.
Ah that makes sense, I actually had it for OutKast as well despite not being a regular to that sub anymore. I was tempted by Wu but I have a first pressing that sounds great to me.

Lee Morgan is my favourite pick to date though. I cannot wait to hear this pressing for the first time!

Damn I want to swap Wu-Tang for the Public Enemy, I had no idea people would be after it so much that it sells out.
I get the historical/collectors appeal but I don't get the musical appeal frankly. It's a wonderfully important album but one that I would spin once and shelf for a decade lol, not the most musical of hip hop albums. THat Goodie Mob though :devilish:

I can try and grab it for you. No promises as I have a noon meeting so will have to try to swap really quickly.

Sadly I forgot to add RHH to get PE so I am on the wait list for it
Hey, thanks for this. I'm just going to leave it. It's not the tracks really I'm maxed out on, rather I'm maxed out on "number of albums I can get before my wife deletes my paypal account".

Ah that makes sense, I actually had it for OutKast as well despite not being a regular to that sub anymore. I was tempted by Wu but I have a first pressing that sounds great to me.

Lee Morgan is my favourite pick to date though. I cannot wait to hear this pressing for the first time!
I am listening to the preview track thru my macbook speakers right now and even that sounds pretty great TBH. Stoked for the wax.

I get the historical/collectors appeal but I don't get the musical appeal frankly. It's a wonderfully important album but one that I would spin once and shelf for a decade lol, not the most musical of hip hop albums. THat Goodie Mob though :devilish:
The beats are very of their time, late 80s production of the Bomb Squad is phenomenal but definitely not for everyone.

Wu-Tang, Lee Morgan, Coleman Hawkins and Public Enemy. Damn fine month.

Hoping Emmylou lasts to be in swaps next month, as I would like it at some point.
I think it will frankly, its not AAA so I don't think people will fiend for it as much.

Hoping Emmylou lasts to be in swaps next month, as I would like it at some point.
This is a fucking amazing month!!! Those three September ROTM’s are exceptional and that Coleman Hawkins is 10/10 as well! What a month!!! 🎯🔥🔥🔥🎯

I think it will frankly, its not AAA so I don't think people will fiend for it as much.
It is mastered from the original tapes by Ryan Smith and Sterling Sound however, and 180g on top! I’m sure it’ll sound superb, but the other three ROTM’s are all HUGE, so I think the ROTM will make it to swaps! Especially as Dolly Parton is still in swaps and that ROTM got extremely positive reviews and is already well loved!

It is mastered from the original tapes by Ryan Smith and Sterling Sound however, and 180g on top! I’m sure it’ll sound superb, but the other three ROTM’s are all HUGE, so I think the ROTM will make it to swaps! Especially as Dolly Parton is still in swaps and that ROTM got extremely positive reviews and is already well loved!
Yeah, but unlike a lot of the VMP Country drops thus far, (in America anyways) a nice OG copy of Emmylou can be found at A LOT of record stores. Not a tough title to come by. I think Sturgill was the only other VMP Country release thus far that has been this readily available.

I strongly suspect Emmylou is the safest of this month's picks. A lot of people (myself included) seem to be doing the Wu-Morgan-PE-Hawkins combo.

Last edited:
Yeah, but unlike a lot of the VMP Country drops thus far, (in America anyways) a nice OG copy of Emmylou can be found at A LOT of record stores. Not a tough title to come by. I think Sturgill was the only other VMP Country release thus far that has been this readily available.

Yeah, I nabbed an OG pressing VG++ of the Emmylou for $9 last year. Easy to find for cheap. It sounds great, I doubt a hi-res transfer will sound as good. I'm still getting it for the fancy packaging and vinyl though much like with the Johnny Cash, very disappointed it isn't AAA though. RKS could've made that one extra special if it was all analog. I'm sure it'll sound excellent though.

Back