Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I think I will still be happy working when I’m 70+ ! I’d rather not, but I’d honestly live an enjoyable life while I’m younger compared to when I’m older! I’ll be happy with less when I’m older! :)
Worst case scenario you end up a drug mule for the Aussie Mob or giving out hand jobs under Melbourne’s dodgiest bridge to pay for pot noodles in your 60s…. Or you need to sell your vinyl. Fuck it, Nathan. You live and die by the decisions you make…. Although as an alternative to going full in on the whole future stripping stuff I can highly recommend dog companionship as a cheaper route to personal fulfilment and general happiness

Worst case scenario you end up a drug mule for the Aussie Mob or giving out hand jobs under Melbourne’s dodgiest bridge to pay for pot noodles in your 60s…. Or you need to sell your vinyl. Fuck it, Nathan. You live and die by the decisions you make…. Although as an alternative to going full in on the whole future stripping stuff I can highly recommend dog companionship as a cheaper route to personal fulfilment and general happiness
Yeah, I think a dog is a great idea to fulfilment/happiness! I would rather adopt someone/have a relationship than being single with a dog! I think I’m a genuinely happy person so I feel like even though dogs are amazing animals, I’m up for something more life-changing/complex such as a kid/relationship!

My best friend has a house and he said I can always live there if worst comes to worst, but I would rather live back at my parents and I think I’m responsible enough to never let me get in that situation because I’m such a happy person internally!

Check this, you could have a wonderfully enjoyable youth and a wonderfully enjoyable uhhh future, just requires responsible decisions the whole way through and perhaps a wee bit of sacrifice here and there.
I definitely plan on having an enjoyable future but I don’t focus on the future because I live so much in the presence! I know for a fact that I’ll somehow try and travel again when things get back to normal whilst renting! That’s a challenge I’m up for and I think I’ll be committed to trying to make more money to fund for travelling!

Yeah, I think a dog is a great idea to fulfilment/happiness! I would rather adopt someone/have a relationship than being single with a dog! I think I’m a genuinely happy person so I feel like even though dogs are amazing animals, I’m up for something more life-changing/complex such as a kid/relationship!

My best friend has a house and he said I can always live there if worst comes to worst, but I would rather live back at my parents and I think I’m responsible enough to never let me get in that situation because I’m such a happy person internally!
I kinda had a similar mindset… although 5 years of being single with a dog, albeit a mental one, made me realise that it’s the best life ever … for me anyway.

But you’ll be fine. Just flip the one steps and you’ll be able to afford a penthouse at the ritz

It’s not so much about an enjoyable old age as a comfortable one. That’s literally what you’ve got to live off. Raiding your future to pay for a lifestyle beyond your means is quite possibly one of the daftest and most irresponsible things anyone has ever told me they’ve done but equally it’s your money.

Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, warps, static on side D, Nathans financial future and all sorts of yolo , etc. )​

I definitely plan on having an enjoyable future but I don’t focus on the future because I live so much in the presence! I know for a fact that I’ll somehow try and travel again when things get back to normal whilst renting! That’s a challenge I’m up for and I think I’ll be committed to trying to make more money to fund for travelling!
You probably have it right Nathan - I wonder what the percentages are of people responsibly saving for a future that never comes - or just an over surplus at the end instead of enjoying your money when you can actually kayak down a river etc etc.

Plus the world is fucked. Chances are you will be living in a desert, at best in 50 yrs.

I will probably be underwater. Opposite spectrums of disaster.

Good morning everyone.

The 🌏 future in emojis 🌈🌦️🌧️☄️💥🌪️🌊 (can i loan a submarine - put on backorder for 2057?).

You probably have it right Nathan - I wonder what the percentages are of people responsibly saving for a future that never comes - or just an over surplus at the end instead of enjoying your money when you can actually kayak down a river etc etc.

Plus the world is fucked. Chances are you will be living in a desert, at best in 50 yrs.

I will probably be underwater. Opposite spectrums of disaster.

Good morning everyone.

The 🌏 future in emojis 🌈🌦️🌧️☄️💥🌪️🌊 (can i loan a submarine - put on backorder for 2057?).

Agreed. There's a balance.
My grandpa was very careful with his money and retired at a good age with very good amount of money, but he regretted not enjoying his money more while he was younger. He could vacation and dine out as much as he wanted in retirement but didn't enjoy it nearly as much.

I pop a certain amount of money into my 401k each paycheck and make sure I have a liquid savings of about 20k in case of emergencies but otherwise I fully spend and enjoy all my extra income each paycheck (mostly on Vinyl, Dining out, and Vacations. Same as Nathan). I don't work hard at my job to not enjoy my money until I'm 65-70 (which as you mention, may never even come)

Agreed. There's a balance.
My grandpa was very careful with his money and retired at a good age with very good amount of money, but he regretted not enjoying his money more while he was younger. He could vacation and dine out as much as he wanted in retirement but didn't enjoy it nearly as much.

I pop a certain amount of money into my 401k each paycheck and make sure I have a liquid savings of about 20k in case of emergencies but otherwise I fully spend and enjoy all my extra income each paycheck (mostly on Vinyl, Dining out, and Vacations. Same as Nathan). I don't work hard at my job to not enjoy my money until I'm 65-70 (which as you mention, may never even come)

There’s nothing wrong with enjoying what you earn. It’s raiding your retirement to fund a lifestyle that otherwise couldn’t be afforded thats shocking. Old age poverty is a very real phenomenon and it’s not pretty.

There’s nothing wrong with enjoying what you earn. It’s raiding your retirement to fund a lifestyle that otherwise couldn’t be afforded thats shocking. Old age poverty is a very real phenomenon and it’s not pretty.

Not what I would have done, but I don't care what decisions other folks make with their money. It's their money.
He's young. I know plenty of folks that didn't start contributing towards retirement until their 30s. Enjoy your youth while you have it, priorities change and the things you enjoy in your 20s arent as much in your 30s.
Only thing I would have probably done differently is not even put in your retirement account in the first place.

Not what I would have done, but I don't care what decisions other folks make with their money. It's their money.
He's young. I know plenty of folks that didn't start contributing towards retirement until their 30s. Enjoy your youth while you have it, priorities change and the things you enjoy in your 20s arent as much in your 30s.
Only thing I would have probably done differently is not even put in your retirement account in the first place.

Oh totally it’s his money. It’s his decision. It doesn’t stop it shocking me. Totally disagree with you on the rest.

Old age poverty is real - I'm not ignoring that and I understand that's why retirement funds exist! But, I think I am strong and will be capable of living happily and well without depending on the government/family/friends when I'm at the retirement age! I honestly think I can do it without much money in my superannuation! I am healthy, happy, fit, fearless and adapt very well to change! I honestly see myself still changing jobs every 3-4 months even in my 50's in the labouring department! I'm charismatic, well-spoken and motivated and I just feel so positive about the future!

I think I am making a smart decision by living week to week/living a great lifestyle ever since I was 18! I feel like I'm a bit of an exception when it comes to work because I always change jobs and adapt and am the type who can get work the very next day if i lose my job because of how quick, wild and optimistic I am!

Old age poverty is real - I'm not ignoring that and I understand that's why retirement funds exist! But, I think I am strong and will be capable of living happily and well without depending on the government/family/friends when I'm at the retirement age! I honestly think I can do it without much money in my superannuation! I am healthy, happy, fit, fearless and adapt very well to change! I honestly see myself still changing jobs every 3-4 months even in my 50's in the labouring department! I'm charismatic, well-spoken and motivated and I just feel so positive about the future!

I think I am making a smart decision by living week to week/living a great lifestyle ever since I was 18! I feel like I'm a bit of an exception when it comes to work because I always change jobs and adapt and am the type who can get work the very next day if i lose my job because of how quick, wild and optimistic I am!

Nathan. I’m never going to agree with you. You’re leaving yourself hugely open to circumstances beyond your control and it really unfair to expect family and friends to be responsible for you to that age, if they’re even still there to do it.

It’s your money and your decision. If you’re set on it do it. I just wouldn’t want anyone to think that it’s either wise or advisable in any circumstances.

I once made the pledge that I wouldn’t post, text or email immediately after watching episodes of I’m Alan Partridge and, reading the post above, I’m happy to pass that on as a piece of solid advice.

Back