Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I'm so confused, I feel like this changes every couple of weeks. How the hell do I use my store credit, no slider in check out but the credits show in my order history

I mean the Cale album is good but would you say it is impossible to write about Cale, and his guitar playing, without slipping into something like trying to describe what a ghost looks like to someone who is unfamiliar with ghosts and you end up using words like "sorcery" and "bewitching" and "haunting" that make his albums sound like a tape of Halloween sounds

I'm so confused, I feel like this changes every couple of weeks. How the hell do I use my store credit, no slider in check out but the credits show in my order history
Did you ever sort this out? Every time (ok, twice) that I've tried to do this, I run into problems. I'm not sure if they keep changing it, or if I keep forgetting how it works. But it's almost like they don't want it to be straightforward.... weird?

Anyway, it looks like if you click "Proceed to Checkout" then click your credit card and hit "Use Different Payment Method" then you get the little slider option to apply store credit.

FYI for anybody who missed out, apparently VMP will be restocking limited copies of all the Jazz Dispensary titles right about now (10AM MST).

FYI for anybody who missed out, apparently VMP will be restocking limited copies of all the Jazz Dispensary titles right about now (10AM MST).

It would be around noon eastern if you want to spend $50 on a single lp

It would be around noon eastern if you want to spend $50 on a single lp
They finally got me with DeJohnette. I picked up three in swaps, picked up the fourth using my $15 "sorry the Herbie box is taking forever" credit and was left dangling on the fifth.

Edit: so by my math adding it all up, it cost me $166 to get all five, or about $33.20 per record. Not GREAT but this is the sort of thing I tell myself when I try to sleep at night.

They finally got me with DeJohnette. I picked up three in swaps, picked up the fourth using my $15 "sorry the Herbie box is taking forever" credit and was left dangling on the fifth.

Edit: so by my math adding it all up, it cost me $166 to get all five, or about $33.20 per record. Not GREAT but this is the sort of thing I tell myself when I try to sleep at night.
Exactly the same with me. I missed the DeJohnette and saved credit for it. Managed to get it now which im happy with, they are actually really great pressings.

Got Purdie Good to add to the DeJohnette I picked up in a swap a few months ago. I am hoping Axelrod or Spencer makes it to this month's swap, even though I know it is unlikely.

I pulled the trigger on the Leon Spencer. Wanted the Axelrod too but....money.

Please tell me I didn't make a mistake.

Spencer and Idris are my two favorites by far so I think you’ll be happy.

Got Purdie Good to add to the DeJohnette I picked up in a swap a few months ago. I am hoping Axelrod or Spencer makes it to this month's swap, even though I know it is unlikely.

I *think* Axelrod never sold out to begin with. Or if it did, it was only in the last week or so. Dunno if it’ll ever make it to swaps again, but I think if one were to, it’d be Heavy Axe.

Did you ever sort this out? Every time (ok, twice) that I've tried to do this, I run into problems. I'm not sure if they keep changing it, or if I keep forgetting how it works. But it's almost like they don't want it to be straightforward.... weird?

Anyway, it looks like if you click "Proceed to Checkout" then click your credit card and hit "Use Different Payment Method" then you get the little slider option to apply store credit.
Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 11.50.40 AM.pngNo option to change payment method outside of these 4, even CS seems unaware lol. Completely perplexed, this is clearly intentional to make it so people don't get easy opportunities to use their credit.

No option to change payment method outside of these 4, even CS seems unaware lol. Completely perplexed, this is clearly intentional to make it so people don't get easy opportunities to use their credit.
Yeah, making it hard to use credits is not a good look, even if it is unintentional (it's not).

I just replicated your issue but logged out and logged back in and the credit reappeared... in Safari but not in Firefox.

(PSA: Not actually buying this album) .

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 3.03.07 PM.png

The Idris (Black Rhythm Revolution) is the best sounding of the bunch IMO. Spencer is great SQ as well. The Axelrod is really fun to listen to, I dig the random You're So Vain on that album, plus the 1st track is worth the price of admission (featuring Cannonball Adderley on sax). I would rank em: 1-Idris, 2-Spencer, 3-Axelrod, 4-Purdie, 5-DeJohnette.

Back