Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Thanks Nathan, I'm surprised too. I'd say it'll hit swaps but it's not due out until July so perhaps not...
Yeah, it’s interesting because I know the DARKSIDE Psychic ROTM will get a lot of attention on Reddit and will sound great and it will lead to people purchasing the VMP exclusive for DARKSIDE’s Spiral!

Still, I don’t think it will sell out due to that, it will depend too on how popular the album is itself after it gets released! And like you, I think the album will end up in Swaptions! But.....how come The Avalanches which is the same price as this DARKSIDE exclusive hasn’t ended up in Swaptions!?

Also, Alicia Keys is still in stock and is USD$45 but hasn’t been put in Swaptions and I don’t think it will be put in the Swaptions because there’s just under 80 copies left! VMP probably are aware it’ll eventually sell out, like the Whitney Houston exclusive!

If there are still 300+ copies left of Spiral in August, then I’d say the album will get reduced in the future, go to the Swaptions or get sold out during a store wide 15%-20% off store wide sale!

I actually picked one up but I had credits. First thing in 2 months I was actually interested in.
None of those M.I.A. exclusives interested you Turbo!!?! And what about that Floating Points x Pharoah Sanders “Promises” exclusive! Or what about that AAA, pressed at RTI Yusef Lateef exclusive or that Sun-Ra “Lanquidity” exclusive! For me, those exclusives were all exceptional exclusives in the last two months. But then everyone has different musical tastes!

None of those M.I.A. exclusives interested you Turbo!!?! And what about that Floating Points x Pharoah Sanders “Promises” exclusive! Or what about that AAA, pressed at RTI Yusef Lateef exclusive or that Sun-Ra “Lanquidity” exclusive! For me, those exclusives were all exceptional exclusives in the last two months. But then everyone has different musical tastes!

Not an MIA fan and I didn't think the other stuff would get many spins for me. Out of those, Yusef Lateef was the most tempting. Honestly, I was hoping for some AP restocks.

Yeah, it’s interesting because I know the DARKSIDE Psychic ROTM will get a lot of attention on Reddit and will sound great and it will lead to people purchasing the VMP exclusive for DARKSIDE’s Spiral!

Still, I don’t think it will sell out due to that, it will depend too on how popular the album is itself after it gets released! And like you, I think the album will end up in Swaptions! But.....how come The Avalanches which is the same price as this DARKSIDE exclusive hasn’t ended up in Swaptions!?

Also, Alicia Keys is still in stock and is USD$45 but hasn’t been put in Swaptions and I don’t think it will be put in the Swaptions because there’s just under 80 copies left! VMP probably are aware it’ll eventually sell out, like the Whitney Houston exclusive!

If there are still 300+ copies left of Spiral in August, then I’d say the album will get reduced in the future, go to the Swaptions or get sold out during a store wide 15%-20% off store wide sale!

Shhh...... I'm holding out so much hope for Alicia Keys to be in swaps next month!

Shhh...... I'm holding out so much hope for Alicia Keys to be in swaps next month!
It’s an incredible exclusive and the pressing sounds really good! You’re in for a treat if you ever grab that Alicia Keys! I can try and remember to let you know when there are less than 20 copies left. However, if you really want the album, I would purchase it very soon because you could miss out on it in the Swaptions because it’ll be popular in the Swaptions + VMP might stuff up with the stock in the Swaptions if they put that exclusive in there, which could lead to you missing out on it!

But yeah, that’s just what I think, only because the stock is low on it and the exclusive still sells 2-3 copies everyday!

It’s an incredible exclusive and the pressing sounds really good! You’re in for a treat if you ever grab that Alicia Keys! I can try and remember to let you know when there are less than 20 copies left. However, if you really want the album, I would purchase it very soon because you could miss out on it in the Swaptions because it’ll be popular in the Swaptions + VMP might stuff up with the stock in the Swaptions if they put that exclusive in there, which could lead to you missing out on it!

But yeah, that’s just what I think, only because the stock is low on it and the exclusive still sells 2-3 copies everyday!
Unfortunately, I'm not in a position where I can afford to make that purchase right now (almost $60 after exchange), so swaptions would be my only option, but I suspect you are right about it likely not making it. I already have a decent copy of King Curtis though, so while I'm happy to keep the better pressing, I'd be more than willing to swap for Alicia given the opportunity.

Unfortunately, I'm not in a position where I can afford to make that purchase right now (almost $60 after exchange), so swaptions would be my only option, but I suspect you are right about it likely not making it. I already have a decent copy of King Curtis though, so while I'm happy to keep the better pressing, I'd be more than willing to swap for Alicia given the opportunity.
Yeah, that’s fair enough! It’s expensive but great value for me as I live in Australia (free shipping) and I really love The Diary Of Alicia Keys + this is a stunning exclusive variant! Plus, the other pressing I had didn’t sound good so it was a big upgrade sound quality wise!

I’m very excited for that King Curtis ROTM! I listened to it the other day and really enjoyed it so I cannot wait to listen to it in audiophile form! I love both the May and June Classics ROTM picks!

Not me!
£50 for non members or preorder from local shop for £18.
Not a hard choice. Their pricing is just getting silly. It’s an album that is gonna be widely available for under £20 in the UK and I assume the same worldwide - currency adjusted
Before I forget (again). I added a sub to get your essentials. All sorted

Not an MIA fan and I didn't think the other stuff would get many spins for me. Out of those, Yusef Lateef was the most tempting. Honestly, I was hoping for some AP restocks.

That yusef disappeared as quick as a fart in the wind, I'm glad I snagged it when I could but I'm incredibly impatient for it to get here

VMP 100 is live

Back