Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I hope the day comes that the Jazz Dispensary releases are in swaps. $45 is way overpriced. I did buy Axelrod as soon as it came out b/c I am a big Axelrod fan...and I used credit to reduce the price of Idris...but no way can I justify $45 on the others (IMO).

They were in swaps a few months ago. Not sure if they’ll make a return appearance.

*Note to self - do not let @Rowan or @Mather borrow my records*
This whole conversation had me thinking that the only time I've accidentally damaged a record was the one time I dropped my Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and created a small scratch that still plays through fine...I proceeded to immediately ding my Aretha Franklin Atlantic Singles Rhino pressing. This conversation is cursed.

I think it's fine...hopefully.

Spiritualized is pricy but reasonable through Bandcamp. So I will pay extra to continue to not be a member of VMP. Plus if I buy it Friday then Jason gets a few more bucks out of it hopefully.
I went with Fat Possum site, used a 20% off code and came in under VMP's member price (and I'm not a member).
$28.50 USD shipped for white. And I got the download link for digital files already.

🚨 Only 17 copies left of Galt MacDermot’s The Nucleus!!! 🚨

This is an AAA reissue, played at QRP and remastered by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound, so this exclusive will sound fantastic! Only USD$25 if you’re a member as well! If you’re on the fence, I suggest getting this exclusive as it’ll sound glorious and will be a very enjoyable album to spin on the turntable! 😎👌

This is an AAA reissue, played at QRP and remastered by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound, so this exclusive will sound fantastic! Only USD$25 if you’re a member as well! If you’re on the fence, I suggest getting this exclusive as it’ll sound glorious and will be a very enjoyable album to spin on the turntable! 😎👌

Almost pulled a trigger, but then I remembered I already bought it. :ROFLMAO:

Do you ever get one that sounds like ass while spinning on your turntable? Just curious because you always say it will be enjoyable :)

Hey @NathanRicaud

I know I asked the other week but I still have not yet pulled the pin that Sparklehorse box. Can check the numbers for me/us when you get a chance?

I kind of blew my budget yesterday on something and wondering if I should break out the credit card on it before it goes.
Keep asking me for updates on stock counts because I’m more than happy to always update you!

There’s 97 copies left of the Sparklehorse Boxset! It should therefore stay in stock for at least another 2 months if VMP do not have a storewide sale or if they decide not to reduce the price on the Sparklehorse Boxset!

Do you ever get one that sounds like ass while spinning on your turntable? Just curious because you always say it will be enjoyable :)
As in do I get a faulty VMP pressing? Yes, of course! It does happen every now and then. Also, when I get a VMP pressing that’s loud/severely warped, I’ll always ask for a replacement. I’m a bit lenient on warps in general because I receive them everywhere, but I just don’t want a record that’s badly warped. It needs to be a minor warp!

I’ve got my John Prine VMP exclusive already, but I’m just waiting to get an extension cable cord this weekend to plus in my turntable system to spin records! I really hope my copy doesn’t skip or has loud surface noise! Many people have had issues with their John Prine ROTM, so I’ll be listening to my copy as soon as I get the extension cable and plug everything in! ☺️

This Galt MacDermot exclusive will sound great though; It’s remastered from the original analog tapes, AAA, Ryan Smith and plated at QRP. The fact that it’s a small run (1,000 copies), means it’s likely to not suffer the issues GZ pressings have with the Essentials ROTM’s! I am 100% positive this Galt MacDermot exclusive will sound fantastic and I cannot wait to lay in my bed with a cookie whilst hugging my pillow looking outside whilst the weather gets cold in my city! 🙊

As in do I get a faulty VMP pressing? Yes, of course! It does happen every now and then. Also, when I get a VMP pressing that’s loud/severely warped, I’ll always ask for a replacement. I’m a bit lenient on warps in general because I receive them everywhere, but I just don’t want a record that’s badly warped. It needs to be a minor warp!

I’ve got my John Prine VMP exclusive already, but I’m just waiting to get an extension cable cord this weekend to plus in my turntable system to spin records! I really hope my copy doesn’t skip or has loud surface noise! Many people have had issues with their John Prine ROTM, so I’ll be listening to my copy as soon as I get the extension cable and plug everything in! ☺️

This Galt MacDermot exclusive will sound great though; It’s remastered from the original analog tapes, AAA, Ryan Smith and plated at QRP. The fact that it’s a small run (1,000 copies), means it’s likely to not suffer the issues GZ pressings have with the Essentials ROTM’s! I am 100% positive this Galt MacDermot exclusive will sound fantastic and I cannot wait to lay in my bed with a cookie whilst hugging my pillow looking outside whilst the weather gets cold in my city! 🙊

It gets cold in Melbourne?

Do people eat in their beds? Just the thought of crumbles in my bed makes me shiver. Ok, some here take a bath with their suits on too...people are strange.

It gets cold in Melbourne?
I’ll field this one, Nathan...It does get cold here, Joe but not that cold. Even in Winter the lowest I can remember it getting to recently was 2 degrees (Celsius) It’s only 20 in Melbourne today. I guess that would be virtually tropical in your part of the world right about now but it’s a little cool for Summer here. I’m wearing a slightly thicker Tee than normal today to stave off the cold.

Do people eat in their beds? Just the thought of crumbles in my bed makes me shiver. Ok, some here take a bath with their suits on too...people are strange.
If I pulled that sort of stunt id be quickly woken up in the night by the sound of a duvet licking border collie. Little fucker would have no hesitation in traipsing all over me as I slept if it meant scavaging that last, tiny crumb

Vinyl reissues of Daft Punks Homework (£34.99!) & Alive 1997 were announced today; I hope VMP will have some variant as exclusives, or at least sell some of the normal ones - like they did with Spiritualized this week - as it’ll most likely be cheaper for U.K. subscribers with free shipping.

Back