Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

"Hey there,

We received an update that the expected ship date for your Drive By Truckers 'Live From Austin, TX' order has shifted to December 2021. This will not affect the status of your open order, and we will ship it out as soon as we are able to.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please reach out to us at info@vinylmeplease.com if you have any questions or needs.- VMP Team"

I am hopeful that the December 2021 was actually supposed to be December 2020.

You might not be able to trust the post office with your ballot, but they did come through with bringing me my Just Coolin' today, only one day late.

It looks and sounds great but once again, it is a case where the color variant VMP advertised is not what arrived. The VMP page lists it as
"Transparent Gold And Red Hi-Melt," with its mockup looking almost like the red was something that got trapped in amber. But the end result is most definitely not transparent and the clear amber now looks more like a molten lava flow.

Based on its inaccurate mockup and description, for the past seven months I had expected it to look kinda like the first record of the VMP edition of Bossa Nova Bacchanal:

R-11982791-1527278805-4418.jpeg.jpg

Instead, it's solid reddish-gold with not all that many dark red splotches:
R-15629721-1603999971-6809.jpeg.jpg
(both photos from their respective discogs entries)

Does it look badass? Hell yeah, it does. But it's not what was advertised and while I appreciate getting a screw-up that ended up being an overall improvement, it's just another example of VMP having no real standards in place with their color options. For every accidental improvement like Just Coolin' there's going to be one that looks like one of our dogs threw up such as Skull Session.

So in conclusion, here's my cat Wiggles, who is almost as old as @duke86fan:

102959666_10157287644353365_7044177902829931425_n.jpg

Back