Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I also really, really, really, really hope we get an Erykah Badu side exclusive to pair with her Essentials ROTM next week! 🤞🤞🤞

It would be awesome if we especially got a VMP Baduizm Exclusive! 😍☕

I’m looking very forward to the store exclusive drops tomorrow!!! 🙇‍♂️👀😊🔑

I was very happy with the store exclusives last week, even though the Jazz Dispensary exclusives were expensive. Hopefully tomorrow we get some more awesome store exclusives drops! 🎁🤞💎😍
Hmmm although I think the picks were stellar, I would have actually preferred them not to release anything over releasing something good but massively overpriced.

I have no qualms about spending money when the quality is there but at 45usd a pop they are essentially saying that they are better than, for example, Blue Note's Tone Poets. They clearly are not and to price them this way is a slap in the face.

I also really, really, really, really hope we get an Erykah Badu side exclusive to pair with her Essentials ROTM next week! 🤞🤞🤞

It would be awesome if we especially got a VMP Baduizm Exclusive! 😍☕
A Baduizm-exclusive would blow my mind and I'd definitely buy it without further ado, despite the inevitable price excess. Having said that, if Baduizm was in the pipeline, I think they would've picked it for Essentials as it's an example par excellence for an Essentials record, anniversary or not for Mama's Gun. However, both Amerykah-albums could do with a fancy exclusive; they've never been pressed on coloured Vinyl before and according to Discogs, the Standard Black Original Pressings are awful.

Hmmm although I think the picks were stellar, I would have actually preferred them not to release anything over releasing something good but massively overpriced.

I have no qualms about spending money when the quality is there but at 45usd a pop they are essentially saying that they are better than, for example, Blue Note's Tone Poets. They clearly are not and to price them this way is a slap in the face.

could not have said this any better myself.

A Baduizm-exclusive would blow my mind and I'd definitely buy it without further ado, despite the inevitable price excess.

I don't know, 45 to 50 bucks for a record is where I start wondering if this is one my favorite records ever, is this a nostalgic favorite that won't come this way again, is this a audiophile special pressing, etc. And these are not audiophile special pressings. Essentially they're very well done colored versions of standard pressings (sometimes, depending on which plant they chose, and if the engineer they got that day had his coffee, depending on whether saturn was in retrograde that day or whatever).

If you're very lucky, they don't fuck up your order when they send it to you, and if you're very, very lucky, you get a good copy without defects -- depending on the record it can totally be a 50/50 crapshoot. I don't have a nostalgic attachment to baduizm but if I did, I guess I could see paying 50 bucks for a really nice copy. I think that's not a huge part of the audience though.

As much as I always want to support VMP country releases, I just pre-ordered Margo and Kacy & Clayton/Marlon on bullmoose for the indie exclusives. Makes no sense to buy more expensive versions of worse colors....Though Plastic Bouquet's is better than Margo Price.

Back