Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

what is the jazz dispensary anyway

also SHF will spend $50 for a record no problem.... its the SHF they are all rich audiophiles

also i kind think the descriptions and pairings of kinds of pot on the magazine is honestly pretty cool... it makes every album seem cool and heavy and like they'll be euphoric heaven

basically im a stoner who does no drugs

basically im a stoner who does no drugs
Omg, this is mind blowing! Absolutely love this description! 😍🤯

You know the first track “Intro” on People Under The Stairs’ O.S.T. Dukey? The man asks the other man “Are you on Dope?” and the guy answers back “Yes, musical dope” and then the guy asks “Are you high? High on what?” and that same guy answers “High on music”! 👏👏👏

It’s you Dukey! Now I know why you’re so keen to get that O.S.T. album on vinyl! 😉💡😂

what is the jazz dispensary anyway

also SHF will spend $50 for a record no problem.... its the SHF they are all rich audiophiles

They have been doing comp releases of jazz with the LP’s having a “weed” theme to them for a few years. After this box they did single LP comps on random RSD’s/BFRSD’s. Then they got into putting out full reissued albums by artists that were featured on the comps. Now they are doing this with VMP while the next comp will be out on BFRSD.

LOL.

They have been doing comp releases of jazz with the LP’s having a “weed” theme to them for a few years. After this box they did single LP comps on random RSD’s/BFRSD’s. Then they got into putting out full reissued albums by artists that were featured on the comps. Now they are doing this with VMP while the next comp will be out on BFRSD.

One of my local has this box for sale. How does it sound compared to the Top Shelf serie? Asking for a friend.

LOL.

One of my local has this box for sale. How does it sound compared to the Top Shelf serie? Asking for a friend.
I only own one of the releases they have done outside of the comps so I’m probably not the best reference point for comparisons. I can say though, my box still sounds really good and I enjoy the mix on the compilations. Not sure if you can stream it but I’m sure it wouldn’t be too tough to put together a playlist!

I only own one of the releases they have done outside of the comps so I’m probably not the best reference point for comparisons. I can say though, my box still sounds really good and I enjoy the mix on the compilations. Not sure if you can stream it but I’m sure it wouldn’t be too tough to put together a playlist!
My box sounds good...it’s not top shelf quality but still a fun listen

Thanks! I've read mixed reviews on Discogs so I prefered to ask. I'll probably buy the box next time I go to the shop. I have all the Top Shelf records and in fact they all sound very good. I hope these VMP exclusives will have standard released with the TS treatment, and for half the price (beanie excluded).

I ordered 4. Passed on the Purdie which is pretty lame anyways. The other 4 are killer titles. The Leon Spencer is a rare gem. The Idris slays.
Starting to stream these titles as I was unfamiliar with all of them. DeJohnette and Axelrod are not my cup of tea, but this Purdie album is funky as funk. Different strokes I guess... (the others do not appear to be on Spotify but I haven't checked Youtube yet)

Starting to stream these titles as I was unfamiliar with all of them. DeJohnette and Axelrod are not my cup of tea, but this Purdie album is funky as funk. Different strokes I guess... (the others do not appear to be on Spotify but I haven't checked Youtube yet)
Purdie is great. If you wanna pick up some of his wax give this a go...
It was a RSD release and is still readily available at a reasonable price (less than $30).

Oh, that one is separate from the $50 price tag. Nevermind, also my name isn't Mather due to any sort of actual math skill. I fucking suck at math.
I went back and looked to see why I assumed the Kool and The Gang record was part of this $50 Dispensary group... And sure enough in the email from VMP it's listed as one of the 5 Jazz Dispensary albums and they've mistakenly replaced Purdie with it. So yeah... details... as usual. I'm guilty of it for not checking further but also IT'S LITERALLY LISTED AS ONE IN THE FREAKING PROMO EMAIL

Back