Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Its quite impressive that the managed to announce the price hike the exact same month they've had such bad shipping problems for seemingly no reason. I mean, you couldn't write that.

I'm frankly annoyed I'm stuck with them until end of the year TBH. In 4 months they've gone from me being a loyal customer since 2014, subscribed to 2 tracks and having 4 of the 6 Anthologies to basically wanting nothing to do with them.

If anyone besides me pre-ordered Peanuts Portraits, the estimated shipping date has been bumped up a month from early October to early September.

I probably won't see mine until October at the earliest though, since it's bundled in with another October release (Sonny Sharrock). I'm sure the two records will still be mailed separately, however.

If anyone besides me pre-ordered Peanuts Portraits, the estimated shipping date has been bumped up a month from early October to early September.

I probably won't see mine until October at the earliest though, since it's bundled in with another October release (Sonny Sharrock). I'm sure the two records will still be mailed separately, however.
The way things are going, I’m surprised they’re not mailing out the RHH stencils separate from the records

it’s truly staggering how long people are waiting for records - what’s the fucking problem, they have the orders and presumably most of the stock - So get the warehouse to process them. It shouldn’t be this hard.
Right now i’m picturing a Indiana Jones style warehouse and one man behind a grubby desk.

Order 1 - Fiona Apple....Walks of to the darkest corner of warehouse.
Order 2 - Fiona Apple. Shit. Walks off......

I think there's little doubt they will be acquired at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if UMG was a possible landing spot for them.
Stax is owned by Concord which distributes through UMG so Storf would in a sense be working for Stax, which appears to be a dream of his...

Im guessing that an editor who can’t edit would be kinda redundant in a mega corp that has plenty of editors who actually can do their job...

I'm sorry, I think this has gotten lost in the VMP price increase crisis but...can we mention what absolute lazy bullshit this When The Pawn... Album cover is?

Like, this was the Fiona-approved redesign? A plain maroon cover with WHEN THE PAWN plastered on front without even the ellipsis, no gatefold...

It's just D+ effort for one of rock vinyls' few remaining holy grails. This deserved better than VMP.

I'm sorry, I think this has gotten lost in the VMP price increase crisis but...can we mention what absolute lazy bullshit this When The Pawn... Album cover is?

Like, this was the Fiona-approved redesign? A plain maroon cover with WHEN THE PAWN plastered on front without even the ellipsis, no gatefold...

It's just D+ effort for one of rock vinyls' few remaining holy grails. This deserved better than VMP.
I didn’t even bother picking it up for that very reason. I couldn’t believe how half assed it felt. I’ll just stick to streaming that one.

This email will show up in your inbox sometime within the next year...
View attachment 61876

...My bet is UMG acquires them and rolls them into UDiscover Music/Sound Of Vinyl.
That's the endgame right? None of their moves make sense unless the hope is an acquisition before the bankrupt. That is probably the impetus to the raise prices - they probably realized that inventory and logistics put them in a bad spot that they had to change something immediately or they were at risk of ruining the plan.

If I recall she would not approve the original photo because it was taken by her abuser. I could be wrong...still, even so, lazy redesign.

That's the endgame right? None of their moves make sense unless the hope is an acquisition before the bankrupt. That is probably the impetus to the raise prices - they probably realized that inventory and logistics put them in a bad spot that they had to change something immediately or they were at risk of ruining the plan.
I wonder if they had a buyer lined up and that fell through, and the price hike is plan B?

I know squat about business but a company like VMP has not intellectual property. All you would get buying them would be the name and customer base. That is why I thought they did the first 3for2 last year to pump up their subscriber numbers in an attempt to get bought out by UME?

The way things are going, I’m surprised they’re not mailing out the RHH stencils separate from the records
Don't give them any ideas. Remember when they shipped the Blue Note Anthology booklet separate from the box and sent in a flimsy envelope so everybody got a damaged copy? hah

I wonder if they had a buyer lined up and that fell through, and the price hike is plan B?

I know squat about business but a company like VMP has not intellectual property. All you would get buying them would be the name and customer base. That is why I thought they did the first 3for2 last year to pump up their subscriber numbers in an attempt to get bought out by UME?

"Our intellectual property consists of our propietary method of breaking up grouped items into individual shipments... But, and this is key, without any shipping speed improvements, while still keeping the added cost of multiple individual shipments"

Oh...I have A LOT of thoughts about When The Pawn. I'm planning to write up a bit of a review post about it.

The album "art" (lol) is the least of my gripes, honestly.

They did the 3 for 2 in order to get stock off the shelves. Matt did an interview saying that their #1 goal was to get old inventory off the shelves when COVID hit to help cut their costs. it's why they limited you to having to sign up with essentials or RHH (lots of back stock from them over-ordering ROTMs). It's also why they had that big flash sale a few months back. They sold a ton of records and it likely saved them a lot of money even by selling it at a discounted price. Some of those ROTMs sit on the shelves for years. That's also why they pawn some off on Bespoke Post, West Elm, etc.

Back