Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Also Magnolia has it signed

Well looks like my Bandana's coming so I'll get the Idler wheel and 8 bucks credit. Kind of sucks but I'll grab just grab it in black,

No coupon this month? I've been waiting for one for the past few weeks, holding off on any purchase. :sneaky:

That they weren’t able to clear their stock even with coupons in January and February shows that their price point is wrong. The Exclusives seem to have risen steeply towards the end of last year. Also every new release gets multiple limited editions losing the desirability of having to get VMP’s version. Drop prices and sell more.

That they weren’t able to clear their stock even with coupons in January and February shows that their price point is wrong. The Exclusives seem to have risen steeply towards the end of last year. Also every new release gets multiple limited editions losing the desirability of having to get VMP’s version. Drop prices and sell more.
The majority of VMP subscribers probably never knew about the coupon code though. It was only sent out to people who had issues and seen by people who use reddit or go on here. We all represent probably 1/20th of the full subscriber base. I know people who set and forget VMP and don’t pay attention to any exclusives or swaps.

I agree on all other points though. I used to buy a ton of exclusives and now barely buy any for the reasons you mentioned. Rough Trade ends up having most new releases as a limited variant and I can just go pick it up if I want as I live near their store here. I’d also rather order through a label/band’s bandcamp too and get the FLAC file.

But there are more important things going on at the moment. I hope they, and other companies, pause operations to keep their staff safe (and the families of the staff). Music will give many of us comfort and community when self isolation becomes a reality. I don’t think any of us would mind waiting longer to get a record if it helps other people out.

But there are more important things going on at the moment. I hope they, and other companies, pause operations to keep their staff safe (and the families of the staff). Music will give many of us comfort and community when self isolation becomes a reality. I don’t think any of us would mind waiting longer to get a record if it helps other people out.
With my work being very unpredictable right now, I’m on a record buying hiatus but it’s a good excuse to go back and listen to the 1,000+ records I already have haha. Stay safe everyone!

IK, R? When I hear about the isolation one has to put oneself into I'm like "cool, more time to spend with my records"

When I hear about the isolation one has to put oneself into I'm like "cool, more time to spend with my records
Sadly for me I have to be the responsible leader and help to calm my staff down even more. No staying home at least for a little while. At least I can start wearing my various punk rock and metal tshirts to work since I don't have to deal with the pesky public.

So Fiona Apple has a new album coming God knows when. If you're a fan, you should read that article.
But there's an interesting piece for the people who are waiting for VMP to do WTP:

She’d made plans to rerelease “When the Pawn . . .” on vinyl, but with the original artwork, by Paul Thomas Anderson, swapped out. “That’s just a great album,” she told me.

It doesn't say when it'll be released, but at least know we know why it wasn't released yet.

So Fiona Apple has a new album coming God knows when. If you're a fan, you should read that article.
But there's an interesting piece for the people who are waiting for VMP to do WTP:

It doesn't say when it'll be released, but at least know we know why it wasn't released yet.
Great article.

Probably my favourite parts were either "She had quit cocaine years earlier, after spending “one excruciating night” at Quentin Tarantino's house, listening to him and Anderson brag. “Every addict should just get locked in a private movie theatre with Q.T. and P.T.A. on coke, and they’ll never want to do it again,” she joked.

or

"In the middle of the track, she screwed up the beat for a second and said, “Ah, fuck, shit.” It was a moment almost anyone making a final edit would smooth out. She left it in."

I was pretty excited when I saw video of her signing that her album was finished last week but after that read, I can't wait to hear it.

Back