Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I'm actually pretty conflicted with my swaps right now. I currently still have it on Da Brat, which I do eventually want but also am fairly certain it will stick around for a while.

So maybe I should swap for William Bell or Experience Unlimited? And honestly I'm wondering if I should take a risk on Joel Ross... has ANYONE gotten a copy of it that wasn't messed up? I'm a bit more forgiving than some on quality issues, but just the sheer number of people here who previously reported problems with it has me extremely wary.
Experience Unlimited is fucking amazing.

I wish that I had a bit more flexibility at work for being allowed to use my phone because I was hoping to pick up an extra track and swap it for Biggie but they were gone by the time I was able to take a break =(. I got Flaming Lips and Gorillaz. Giving the FL exclusives a listen now, was hoping one of them was Yoshimi but I'm liking Clouds Taste Metallic so far.

My boyfriend really likes QOTSA and I don't have a lot of records he likes so he's pretty excited for next month, lol!

View attachment 18233

👀👀👀

Not sure if this was already posted.

Being that the 20th Anniversary of When the Pawn is in November I’m really hoping that is the 2nd thing happening off that list and not just a 2nd press of Tidal. If they felt like dropping Extraordinary Machine and Idler Wheel while they’re at it, I ain’t gonna say no.

Then I can change my Avatar once again.

Keeping Soft Bulletin since I've always loved it and don't own a copy.

Trying to.choose what to swap for this month 's classics, which just isn't my thing. I have most things I've wanted from the past. Looking at: MF Doom, Froth, Joel Ross and Fist City.

They're all so different, and was curious about any feedback for those with any of these? Thanks!
Fist City is sounds great and is 45 rpm if that does anything for ya, and I have not heard great thing about Joel Ross regarding pressing and packaging, Doom is great too though

Fist City is sounds great and is 45 rpm if that does anything for ya, and I have not heard great thing about Joel Ross regarding pressing and packaging, Doom is great too though

I initially and still have it on Doom. Seems like it is going in and out of stock, which isn't a main determiner but a reason I've left it there for now. I've been hunting for an og Fist City for a while in the wild but no luck so far. Maybe it will make it to next month.

Thanks for the info on Ross. I listened online today and it sounds wonderful, but would definitely need a great pressing, otherwise that's a waste.

Froth is brand new to me too, but the first record of note recently thatI was captivated to listened to straight through today.

This might be the toughest month for me with swaps so far. I dropped my two add-ons so I'm just sticking with my main sub (Da Brat). But I'm debating between keeping it (wife loves the album) or swapping to:

-Joel Ross (but quality issues worry me)
-William Bell (do I really want it or is that just FOMO starting to set in?)
-Experience Unlimited (I do really want it but knowing it'll probably last another month should I get something else?)

What to do, what to do...

This might be the toughest month for me with swaps so far. I dropped my two add-ons so I'm just sticking with my main sub (Da Brat). But I'm debating between keeping it (wife loves the album) or swapping to:

-Joel Ross (but quality issues worry me)
-William Bell (do I really want it or is that just FOMO starting to set in?)
-Experience Unlimited (I do really want it but knowing it'll probably last another month should I get something else?)

What to do, what to do...

Happy wife, happy life.

I have not heard great thing about Joel Ross regarding pressing

My copy sounded fine, but I also have a process for records before I play them:

1. Audioquest brush to clear off surface and anything stuck in the grooves
2. Discwasher brush with Mobile Fidelity solution

Although it is a gamble... I've only seen one other person on these forums with a clean sounding copy.

I'm wondering if there's going to be different variants...
That are "limited editions" or "early bird"...
That will have to be claimed by people.

As opposed to the one-variant-for-all-members model.

Ah, I didn't read it that way. That sure would be interesting. I was thinking vinyl options related to Hip-Hop and Classic ROTMs being other options to be announced.

I'm wondering if there's going to be different variants...
That are "limited editions" or "early bird"...
That will have to be claimed by people.

As opposed to the one-variant-for-all-members model.
It wont likely be like that.

What they are saying in the email is that VMP has this variant and QOTSA will have it on black wax most likely. Just like the desert sessions.

My copy sounded fine, but I also have a process for records before I play them:

1. Audioquest brush to clear off surface and anything stuck in the grooves
2. Discwasher brush with Mobile Fidelity solution

Although it is a gamble... I've only seen one other person on these forums with a clean sounding copy.

My sounds great, no surface noise. Really enjoy this album.

Back