Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Keeping Soft Bulletin since I've always loved it and don't own a copy.

Trying to.choose what to swap for this month 's classics, which just isn't my thing. I have most things I've wanted from the past. Looking at: MF Doom, Froth, Joel Ross and Fist City.

They're all so different, and was curious about any feedback for those with any of these? Thanks!
Fist City is 45RPM and sounds fantastic.

Trying to.choose what to swap for this month 's classics, which just isn't my thing. I have most things I've wanted from the past. Looking at: MF Doom, Froth, Joel Ross and Fist City.

They're all so different, and was curious about any feedback for those with any of these? Thanks!
Can’t go wrong with either MM..FOOD or Fist City, they both sound great!

Use the customer service chatbox in the store.
When Sleater-Kinney was ROTM, I had already pre-ordered it from the band and decided that a) I didn't need two copies, and b) I wanted that Joel Ross. Joel Ross was NOT a Swaption, but CS made it happen for me in a matter of seconds!

Thanks for that! That worked really well and it was quick.

Go with Doom, if for no other reason than it probably won’t survive swaps this month.

Currently swapping for Isley Brothers...other two options are Eddie Floyd or Donald Byrd (Fancy Free)

Thoughts?

All three are great, but if you’re like me and try to play the game of “which is gonna sell out first,” then I’d swap for Isley Brothers this month, then do Floyd, and lastly get Byrd because that’s gonna be there for a good while.

The first five months of this year were my favorite stretch of VMP Essentials in a longgg time, and really embodied what I think the track should be about (I personally did NOT like the Van Morrison album but I respect the choice). That was followed by a longgg stretch of just straight-up meh. These last three months seem to be getting back to the glory of the beginning of the year. SFTD is an absolute blockbuster of a pick and is cause for celebration, and that Aretha Franklin album is... well it's Aretha fucking Franklin, c'mon man. I still am not planning on renewing my membership after the end of this year, but this is a wonderful note to bow out on

All three are great, but if you’re like me and try to play the game of “which is gonna sell out first,” then I’d swap for Isley Brothers this month, then do Floyd, and lastly get Byrd because that’s gonna be there for a good while.
That was pretty much my thinking, plus I can imagine the other two possibly landing in a Bespoke deal at some point soon!

Got Angel Olsen and Sturgill Simpson for my swaps with The Flaming Lips.

Overall probably the best month I’ve ever had at VMP in regards to artists I love. Glad to hop back in for a month. And looks like I’ll be staying for QOTSA.
Pauly would not let me swap for sturgill because it does not ship before november. Consistent as usual.

I'm actually pretty conflicted with my swaps right now. I currently still have it on Da Brat, which I do eventually want but also am fairly certain it will stick around for a while.

So maybe I should swap for William Bell or Experience Unlimited? And honestly I'm wondering if I should take a risk on Joel Ross... has ANYONE gotten a copy of it that wasn't messed up? I'm a bit more forgiving than some on quality issues, but just the sheer number of people here who previously reported problems with it has me extremely wary.

Back