Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

@Enoch, I don't think you're a good person. I know you're a great person. You have regularly helped people find peace in their darkest hours, and there are not a lot of people who can do that. Records are just stuff. You actually deal with far more important things. The world needs more people like you.

I do think your behavior here, as far as questioning why people keep posting in this thread, is a bit off-putting though. People are responding to a conversation you started. If you don't want to have a conversation, don't start one. I don't think anyone needs to justify why they are responding to this thread.
I don't think anyone should have to receive death threats, but I'm not sure why he felt it necessary to tell you that.
My impression is that he knew that information would get passed to this forum and it's an attempt to humanize the company. I suspect that either there was no threat, or it wasn't credible. In the last 6 months I've had two people treated to kill me in person. I knew they were just blowing off steam, and I didn't go crying to the police.
I get the sense by hiring Lloyd, who seems to know what he is doing (again seems) that this might actually be where they fulfill things they have said in the past.
I get the sense that by hiring Starr, they are prepping the company to look attractive to potential buyers or investors. That's what Starr did with his last company. I also suspect he was hired because he already lived in Denver so VMP didn't have to pay relocation expenses.

@Enoch, I get the impression you are being used here in the same way that VMP uses the Vinyl Junkies YouTube guy. The Vinyl Junkies guy has over 4000 followers on YT so it makes sense to have him shill for them. When I asked him if he was receiving free product from VMP in return for making videos about them, he blocked me.

I get the impression that you are by far the most prolific poster on this forum, so you reach a lot of people. It makes sense that VMP would want to use you to disseminate propaganda here. You buy all their stuff anyway so I'm sure they don't compensate you in any way like they do the VJ guy, but I do think they are taking advantage of your kind nature and genuine willingness to help others.

I don't think you're helping anything here, but that is just my opinion. I can't speak for others. My (unsolicited) advice is to stop being their conduit to this forum, and keep buying their products if that is what makes you happy. They need you more than you need them. You're a good person. Don't let them use you.

@Enoch, I don't think you're a good person. I know you're a great person. You have regularly helped people find peace in their darkest hours, and there are not a lot of people who can do that. Records are just stuff. You actually deal with far more important things. The world needs more people like you.

I do think your behavior here, as far as questioning why people keep posting in this thread, is a bit off-putting though. People are responding to a conversation you started. If you don't want to have a conversation, don't start one. I don't think anyone needs to justify why they are responding to this thread.

My impression is that he knew that information would get passed to this forum and it's an attempt to humanize the company. I suspect that either there was no threat, or it wasn't credible. In the last 6 months I've had two people treated to kill me in person. I knew they were just blowing off steam, and I didn't go crying to the police.

I get the sense that by hiring Starr, they are prepping the company to look attractive to potential buyers or investors. That's what Starr did with his last company. I also suspect he was hired because he already lived in Denver so VMP didn't have to pay relocation expenses.

@Enoch, I get the impression you are being used here in the same way that VMP uses the Vinyl Junkies YouTube guy. The Vinyl Junkies guy has over 4000 followers on YT so it makes sense to have him shill for them. When I asked him if he was receiving free product from VMP in return for making videos about them, he blocked me.

I get the impression that you are by far the most prolific poster on this forum, so you reach a lot of people. It makes sense that VMP would want to use you to disseminate propaganda here. You buy all their stuff anyway so I'm sure they don't compensate you in any way like they do the VJ guy, but I do think they are taking advantage of your kind nature and genuine willingness to help others.

I don't think you're helping anything here, but that is just my opinion. I can't speak for others. My (unsolicited) advice is to stop being their conduit to this forum, and keep buying their products if that is what makes you happy. They need you more than you need them. You're a good person. Don't let them use you.
If I felt I was being used, I would seriously stop. I really do appreciate your comments though. My questioning stems for what I have perceived as people piling on VMZ just to do so. I could be very wrong in my assessment. I do want to dialogue but if people are commenting because to be anti VMP on a VMP thread I truly wonder why they need to and what purpose it serves for any of us.

Not to sidetrack this but isn't it normal for VMP to offer store titles as swaptions? I'm looking at what there is to swap for this month and I've seent a lot of store titles that aren't up for swap. Anyone know what's up?

Storf said a while back in the Before Time, The Long Long Ago they rotate the swap selection so it isn’t stale. So you will see stuff come in an out of the swap selection from month to month. However, as it’s been stated here you can email them if there is something specific you want and generally they will let you swap with what you want.

If I felt I was being used, I would seriously stop. I really do appreciate your comments though. My questioning stems for what I have perceived as people piling on VMZ just to do so. I could be very wrong in my assessment. I do want to dialogue but if people are commenting because to be anti VMP on a VMP thread I truly wonder why they need to and what purpose it serves for any of us.
If people can't complain about VMP in the VMP thread, where can they? This is the right thread for it.

If people can't complain about VMP in the VMP thread, where can they? This is the right thread for it.
There is complaining and there is commenting on any none anti VMP post for whatever reason. It doesn’t seem like dialogue is the goal for some in my opinion. Again I could be very wrong but based on past experiences that is my belief currently.

I do want to dialogue but if people are commenting because to be anti VMP on a VMP thread I truly wonder why they need to and what purpose it serves for any of us.

I was with VMP for over 5 years and spent thousands with them, so I've earned the right, I've paid for the right to comment on absolutely anything to do with VMP including 'whatever it is you're trying to achieve with them', whether I'm still a member or not.

I was with VMP for over 5 years and spent thousands with them, so I've earned the right, I've paid for the right to comment on absolutely anything to do with VMP including 'whatever it is you're trying to achieve with them', whether I'm still a member or not.
But are you doing do to further the conversation? If not how am I to respond if I am quoted?

I personally think it is more evidence we need a VMP subforum where we can have as many threads as we want so that threads like this one where people are looking for info and recommendations don’t have to swim through a sea of ex-subscribers declaring how much VMP sucks. They could have their own thread for that.

I tried with you mate, but you instantly took it as an attack because of your previous experience when posting about them.
I did, sorry I misread your intent. I am willing to try again. To your broad question, I believe I have answered it. I had a conversation and I thought people would have an interest both by my own thoughts and some saying so.

I did, sorry I misread your intent. I am willing to try again. To your broad question, I believe I have answered it. I had a conversation and I thought people would have an interest both by my own thoughts and some saying so.

My question wasn't broad, so its clear you're not willing mate, I'm out.

@Enoch rereading some of my posts, I should probably add: If some of what I said seemed to be completely unrelated to what you talked about/shared in your post, it was merely in an attempt to probe you mind to see if things relevant to my questions were covered as I believe it is likely you didn't remember everything that was talked about during the meeting. Hope it wasn't taken as having any ill intent.

@Enoch rereading some of my posts, I should probably add: If some of what I said seemed to be completely unrelated to what you talked about/shared in your post, it was merely in a attempt to probe you mind to see if things relevant to my questions were covered as I believe it is likely you didn't remember everything that was talked about during the meeting. Hope it wasn't taken as having any ill intent.
It is hard to tell intent on the internet. I think it is great your intent was to probe more. It is my bad that I didn't understand that.

Last edited:
I want to add. My purpose in sharing is not to change anyone's mind. I simply wanted to share info. If you are no longer a VMP member I am not trying to lure you back. If you are on the edge this was not to talk you off the fence onto VMP's side. If you are still with VMP this was to share info so you could evaluate it for believability. I am still quite skeptical.

Back