Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

You had subscribed in the first place?!?! Man that’s some first class masochism there gav!
He wasn’t too bad years ago but he’s got a bit big for his boots now - all those subs have made him Mr Audiophile balls arse - I did quite like the Vertigo Swirl one he did with some guy who actually knew what he was talking about - and he has a nice dog 🐶

My guess is that VMP killed all $ for salaries. So not fired, made redundant in corporate speak
And unlike the VMPlant stuff, it looked like we were just starting to see the fruits of Mondo's labor in the last couple of months with those limited poster drops.
More likely, these projects weren’t doing as well as they expected and were more expensive than projected as well.

It’s their scale issues as usual but there are folks in the board telling them to cut the fat instead of trying to fumble through as they would have done when it was like six people doing everything.

Firing the executive suite, massive sales, instensive focus grouping on discord, rebranding of side projects and dropping staff brought on for expansion projects does not paint the picture of a company doing well. Although in the days of late capitalism it doesn’t exactly mean they are closing but not producing enough money to keep those in charge of the purse strings loose and freely flowing.

More likely, these projects weren’t doing as well as they expected and were more expensive than projected as well.

It’s their scale issues as usual but there are folks in the board telling them to cut the fat instead of trying to fumble through as they would have done when it was like six people doing everything.

Firing the executive suite, massive sales, instensive focus grouping on discord, rebranding of side projects and dropping staff brought on for expansion projects does not paint the picture of a company doing well. Although in the days of late capitalism it doesn’t exactly mean they are closing but not producing enough money to keep those in charge of the purse strings loose and freely flowing.
My complete guess is that the plant funding falling through and the constant sales to drive up cash flow were connected. And c-suite being fired is because they were supposedly funneling VMP money into the plant.

Not shocking when a new CEO is installed that changes to staff get made. Wouldn’t be surprised if the salaries of the mondo guys was more than they made on the very very few albums and posters they made in the past 6 months. Where’s the goonies soundtrack?

My complete guess is that the plant funding falling through and the constant sales to drive up cash flow were connected. And c-suite being fired is because they were supposedly funneling VMP money into the plant.

Not shocking when a new CEO is installed that changes to staff get made. Wouldn’t be surprised if the salaries of the mondo guys was more than they made on the very very few albums and posters they made in the past 6 months. Where’s the goonies soundtrack?
According to Storf, it’s not happening.

All I’m saying is that together, the recent events/actions of VMP do not create a warm fuzzy feeling or the picture of a company doing well.

But as I am not a fan of the company over its history (business wise, more often than not their curation is fine) and most certainly not of the current ceo. So you know, take my thoughts for what they are.

Back