Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Nathan, I fucking love this album and I think that it is worth every cent but even so, at that price I’m going to wait to buy locally.

Do not give into the FOMO. It’s not a limited release and it’s still a few months from releasing. Hopefully our dollar will be a stronger by then.
Mmmm true! I’m going to be buying locally too!

But I don’t want this to be like a Frank Ocean “Blonde” scenario, where they start to not take orders soon and vinyl shops don’t stock on it at all

I love the album so much too! It’s an absolute masterpiece!

When you want to buy some Fiona Apple but international shipping rates get in the way. And also when you set your alarm for a Fiona Apple When The Pawn... drop that doesn’t even happen:

View attachment 41813

Can’t even go back to sleep too 😩🥺

Is it ridiculously expensive to ship it to Australia?

It’s not too bad actually, it’s only USD$14! So I think I might just get it! But I just want to know if VMP is going to press it or not 😂

I think I’m just gonna buy it though! Why not! It’s overtaken Yves Tumor as my favourite album of the year! 💎💯

I was honestly mostly sad because I just ate so much nutella out of the jar and feel like shit now and realised I’ve got a PT session at 10:30am too. FML 😂🤦‍♂️

It’s not too bad actually, it’s only USD$14! So I think I might just get it! But I just want to know if VMP is going to press it or not 😂

I think I’m just gonna buy it though! Why not! It’s overtaken Yves Tumor as my favourite album of the year! 💎💯

I was honestly mostly sad because I just ate so much nutella out of the jar and feel like shit now and realised I’ve got a PT session at 10:30am too. FML 😂🤦‍♂️

Ship date 6/19.

Source: I ordered that bad boy already!

Sit down, friend. Grab yourself a coffee and settle in because this tale of woe has the potential to send you into an economic induced coma. I’ll try my best to keep you off life support.

The shipping on FTBC is actually fairly low (there was an option to pay $65 US for 4 day shipping, lol) but the main issue is the current exchange rate which dropped substantially due to the current shitfuckery the world finds itself in.

PayPal rates also mean for every $1 USD we spend we get charged about $1.40 AUD at the moment is is another level of shitfuckery in itself.

I’ve found through Discogs that the average cost of shipping for 1-2 albums from the US to Australia is about $25 USD which is pretty annoying in some instances to be paying more in shipping than the album cost you, which again is drenched in shitfuckery.

This is also why VMP international shipping is so rad. Even though an international sub costs more than a US sub even before you factor in exchange rates, to offset the “free shipping” but this is a level of shitfuckery I can get onboard with because I’m not paying $25 per album.

It normally takes 2-3 weeks through most postal services for it to arrive as well. The more time spent in transit makes your purchase more prone to seem splits from shifting records or damage because the sender has used a flimsy mailer which is total (and say it with me, once more, this time with feeling) shitfuckery.

I hope that my spicy language kept you awake, alive and boring ass shitfuckery has been cognizable.

Last edited:
Sit down, friend. Grab yourself a coffee and settle in because this tale of woe has the potential to send you into an economic induced coma. I’ll try my best to keep you off life support.

The shipping on FMTBC is actually fairly low (there was an option to pay $65 US for 4 day shipping, lol) but the main issue is the current exchange rate which dropped substantially due to the current shitfuckery the world finds itself in.

PayPal rates also mean for every $1 USD we spend we get charged about $1.40 AUD at the moment is is another level of shitfuckery in itself.

I’ve found through Discogs that the average cost of shipping for 1-2 albums from the US to Australia is about $25 USD which is pretty bad annoying in some instances to be paying more in shipping than the album cost you, which again is drenched in shitfuckery.

This is also why VMP international shipping is so rad. Even though an international sub costs more than a US sub even before you factor in exchange rates, to offset the “free shipping” but this is a level of shitfuckery I can get onboard with because I’m not paying $25 per album.

It normally takes 2-3 weeks through most postal services for it to arrive as well. The more spent in transit makes your purchase more prone to seem splits from shifting records or damage because the sender has used a flimsy mailer which is total (and say it with me, once more, this time with feeling) shitfuckery.

I hope that my spicy language kept you awake, alive and boring ass shitfuckery has been cognizable.

Shitfuckery! Hear hear!

I'm sorry and am not making light when I say at least you get to live in Australia.

Shitfuckery! Hear hear!

I'm sorry and am not making light when I say at least you get to live in Australia.
Well, very true. There is always something to be thankful for and I am thankful for that.

I do have a lot of American friends and the current state of shitfuckery that you are all having to deal with at the moment makes the cost of shipping look like an amoeba next to Mt Everest.

Stay safe everyone. Especially if the person in charge of keeping your country and it’s citizens safe is an obstinate, obfuscating, oafish, cancerous choad who deserves nothing more than to be locked in a very small, rusty metal box, shacked to a poorly constructed border wall, under a blazing Texan sun and the only sustenance that they receive are dregs of piss, dribbling in from a jerry rigged bullet hole ventilation system from any passing “illegals” who’d actually bother to relieve themselves after wading across the Rio Grande.

Last edited:
Which is kind of crazy when you realize that means To Pimp a Butterfly and Channel Orange didn't get 10s.

FWIW @duke86fan while I do like the Fiona I would probably score it in the 7-8 range.
or even blonde getting a 10.. which was their album of the decade

The shipping on FTBC is actually fairly low (there was an option to pay $65 US for 4 day shipping, lol) but the main issue is the current exchange rate which dropped substantially due to the current shitfuckery the world finds itself in.

I’ve found through Discogs that the average cost of shipping for 1-2 albums from the US to Australia is about $25 USD which is pretty annoying in some instances to be paying more in shipping than the album cost you, which again is drenched in shitfuckery.

It normally takes 2-3 weeks through most postal services for it to arrive as well. The more time spent in transit makes your purchase more prone to seem splits from shifting records or damage because the sender has used a flimsy mailer which is total (and say it with me, once more, this time with feeling) shitfuckery.

Omg yeah! It does usually take a while for stuff to arrive here and shipping is so expensive to Australia! That’s why I love VMP!

It’s awesome VMP have stocked up on Analogue Productions titles too! I’m more than happy to pay USD$59 for an extremely high quality 2LP pressing of a masterpiece!

I love VMP so much and am so happy they are still in business and am grateful it’s free international shipping if you’re a member!

I would honestly be so heartbroken if VMP died/stopped as a company! Like, I’d be so, so sad!

Back