Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

It deserved it, even though I think Kamasi Washington “The Epic”, D’Angelo’s “Black Messiah” and Kendrick Lamar’s “To Pimp A Butterfly” deserved it more! 🤷‍♂️💎

Blonde is a stripped back, layered masterpiece! Love that album so much! ♥
I appreciate that is the consensus opinion but that album just did nothing form me. I loved Nostalgia Ultra and Channel Orange. I thought Blonde was fine, but way too precious and more sleepy than sexy. I think I have grown more biased against it as time has passed since many swear to its modern classic status.

I appreciate that is the consensus opinion but that album just did nothing form me. I loved Nostalgia Ultra and Channel Orange. I thought Blonde was fine, but way too precious and more sleepy than sexy. I think I have grown more biased against it as time has passed since many swear to its modern classic status.
I love all three - Nostalgia, ULTRA, Channel ORANGE and Blonde - but for me, Blonde is easily my favourite. There’s so much power in its simplicity! The minimalistic instrumentation and stripped back nature of the album really allows the mature, reflective lyrics to shine as well as Frank Ocean’s heartfelt emotion. The album is soft, dreary and subtle, but is simultaneously bold, direct and naked!

I just love Blonde so much and I think it deserves the praise and hype it gets! It really is one of those records that the more you listen to, the more you uncover, despite its simplicity!

I love all three - Nostalgia, ULTRA, Channel ORANGE and Blonde - but for me, Blonde is easily my favourite. There’s so much power in its simplicity! The minimalistic instrumentation and stripped back nature of the album really allows the mature, reflective lyrics to shine as well as Frank Ocean’s heartfelt emotion. The album is soft, dreary and subtle, but is simultaneously bold, direct and naked!

I just love Blonde so much and I think it deserves the praise and hype it gets! It really is one of those records that the more you listen to, the more you uncover, despite its simplicity!
Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cucumbers are the best when they are organically grown! Best ones are small and fat, and are so delicious 🤤🤤🤤

I have a workmate who’s into gardening that would give them too me just during the summer that passed by! And because I always said how much I loved them, he always picked the perfect one for me 🙊🙌

Endless feels so incoherent to me and feels like an album of unfinished thoughts. I still like it but it just doesn’t have the attention to detail that Blonde does. Feels like a collection of songs instead of an album.
Mmmmm like Endless is amazing but in no way is it nearly as good as Blonde! Blonde is literally on another level in comparison! It’s heavenly, naked, rich and really encapsulates that complex simplicity so purely! 🗝🌈🌹💎

Endless is also a masterpiece in my opinion, as is Channel Orange and to a slight degree ultra, NOSTALGIA! 🤙

But Blonde is the almighty masterpiece which really makes you feel those emotions you never knew you had! I know some of you are already going 🙄 after reading that sentence, but it’s true! 🙉💘

I honestly haven't heard a Frank Ocean song besides Forrest Gump and hated it. So there
Awwww you’re missing out on so much! You should definitely check him out! One of the best artists of the 2010’s in my opinion!
I’m with @TheThinWhiteDuke in that I’ve never understood the Frank hype. But I’m willing to give him another shot - what one album should I listen to? (note that I’ve been listening to the new Fiona nonstop so now might not be the best time!)

I buy on bandcamp a lot too since you get a high res download included with vinyl purchases for nearly all albums. They are supposedly the best platform in terms of how they treat their artists too and how much money goes to them.
I’m with @TheThinWhiteDuke in that I’ve never understood the Frank hype. But I’m willing to give him another shot - what one album should I listen to? (note that I’ve been listening to the new Fiona nonstop so now might not be the best time!)

Same here. Ive given him multiple shots and its not that I dislike him but I definitely don’t get the acclaim.

I like Channel Orange the best and I think its brilliance is more approachable than Blonde

Back