Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I'd like to formally announce here, to all of you today, the Grand Opening of @Indymisanthrope's and @Mather's Lacquer Emporium and Marmaladitorium! You want clear lacquer? WE GOT IT! You want a dark lacquer? WE GOT THAT TOO? You want some marmalade to go with that lacquer? BOY HOWDY HAVE WE GOT THAT! So come on down to Indy and Mathers Lacquer Emporium and Marmaladitorium, we promise if you don't take a SHINE to it, the seventh marmalade is on us!

(Not a legally binding agreement we promise no such thing)

Last edited:
I'd like to formally announce here, to you of all today, the Grand Opening of @Indymisanthrope's and @Mather's Lacquer Emporium and Marmaladitorium! You want clear lacquer? WE GOT IT! You want a dark lacquer? WE GOT THAT TOO? You want some marmalade to go with that lacquer? BOY HOWDY HAVE WE GOT THAT! So come on down to Indy and Mathers Lacquer Emporium and Marmaladitorium, we promise if you don't take A SHINE to it, the seventh marmalade is on us!
I have a great bourbon cocktail that is made with marmalade. Should I stock up on marmalade now?

Edit: In case someone is interested

Toast and Marmalade

1½ oz. bourbon
¼ oz. Drambuie
½ oz. honey syrup (I usually do a 2:1 simple syrup, 3/4oz for 2 cocktails)
½ oz. fresh lemon juice
1 heaping barspoon orange marmalade
2 dashes mole bitters

Last edited:
I'd like to formally announce here, to you of all today, the Grand Opening of @Indymisanthrope's and @Mather's Lacquer Emporium and Marmaladitorium! You want clear lacquer? WE GOT IT! You want a dark lacquer? WE GOT THAT TOO? You want some marmalade to go with that lacquer? BOY HOWDY HAVE WE GOT THAT! So come on down to Indy and Mathers Lacquer Emporium and Marmaladitorium, we promise if you don't take A SHINE to it, the seventh marmalade is on us!
what about coke bottle clear?? that's been popular lately. better stock up on it.

VMP gets their lacquers from the Japanese company, according to Storf.

So wait, they get their laquers cut in Japan but use GZ for their pressings? Weird enough for me to press X for "Doubt".

And i wonder how many current clients of Japan are about to get bullied out by the majors.

Edit: i got creating and cutting laquers confused. Ignore me

Last edited:
So wait, they get their laquers cut in Japan but use GZ for their pressings? Weird enough for me to press X for "Doubt".

Why? They were the less used company it seems so makes perfect sense why VMP went there...Honestly don't see why you doubt this aside from just doubting VMP in general (which...fair enough...)

Why? They were the less used company it seems so makes perfect sense why VMP went there...Honestly don't see why you doubt this aside from just doubting VMP in general (which...fair enough...)

I guess because in the record collecting world, having any of the process being produced by Japan is generally looked on as superior quality and a selling point so if this were true Im shocked they didnt throw a "Laquer cut by MDC in Japan" tag on every release, since they loved to highlight GZ pressings as if that were something special.

And i wonder how many current clients of Japan are about to get bullied out by the majors.
The lacquer manufacturers don't cut lacquers, they just make them. Then, then mastering labs cut the music onto them with a lathe.

I guess because in the record collecting world, having any of the process being produced by Japan is generally looked on as superior quality and a selling point so if this were true Im shocked they didnt throw a "Laquer cut by MDC in Japan" tag on every release, since they loved to highlight GZ pressings as if that were something special.
When have you ever seen a label saying "Lacquer cut by MDC in Japan" though? I know you're being a little facetious about it probably, but VMP barely even promoted that Aretha Now was the first US mono pressing outside of the promo disc way back when. I bet 99% of people had no idea what MDC was before today.

The lacquer is not cut at MDC--they just make the materials for it. It's a different formula it seems than what they made in the US and people seem to argue pros and cons to each.

I'd like to formally announce here, to all of you today, the Grand Opening of @Indymisanthrope's and @Mather's Lacquer Emporium and Marmaladitorium! You want clear lacquer? WE GOT IT! You want a dark lacquer? WE GOT THAT TOO? You want some marmalade to go with that lacquer? BOY HOWDY HAVE WE GOT THAT! So come on down to Indy and Mathers Lacquer Emporium and Marmaladitorium, we promise if you don't take a SHINE to it, the seventh marmalade is on us!

(Not a legally binding agreement)

Yeah, come on down to...our...

*checks notes*

Liquor and...ma...marm...Mammaryaquarium, of which I am definitely a knowledgeable and competent business partner.

IT’S STICKY

1581118189265.gif

(Not a legally binding agreement)

Yeah, come on down to...our...

*checks notes*

Liquor and...ma...marm...Mammaryaquarium, of which I am definitely a knowledgeable and competent business partner.

IT’S STICKY

View attachment 31917

This reads like a rejected Portlandia sketch

Back