Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Has anyone had luck using the 25% coupon? I tried it on T-Pain, Denzel, and Patterson Twins and it is saying it is not valid for items in my cart. I haven’t purchased anything from them in awhile.

Has anyone had luck using the 25% coupon? I tried it on T-Pain, Denzel, and Patterson Twins and it is saying it is not valid for items in my cart. I haven’t purchased anything from them in awhile.
**edit** its now working again

Last edited:
Well, I bought the new Denzel with the 25% off coupon.
$16.50 for 17 minutes of great music on a cool variant with a dope cover.
Alright, I’m in.

Hoping I can swap for Shabaka in April or March or whatever month it’s shipping in, as I was about to buy it with Denzel. But that should surely end up in swaps right? Or at least with an email swap.

The last of my November records have now shipped.
thats after another round of DM’s and emails to pretty much everyone you can think of.
With hindsight, as a general takeaway from this whole saga I can say I only ever got a response or resolution when Matt was involved. Make of that what you will.
Hope anyone else still waiting for a long time gets sorted soon.

Last edited:
Not really sure where to post this but this seemed like as good a place as any:

This seems pretty bad

“From my understanding, this fire will present a problem for the vinyl industry worldwide,” Ben Blackwell, co-founder of Third Man Records told Pitchfork in an email. “There are only TWO companies that make lacquers in the world, and the other, MDC in Japan, already had trouble keeping up with demand BEFORE this development.” (The emphasis is Blackwell’s.)

Blackwell also wrote that there have been “whispers” of another company “entertaining the idea” of entering the lacquer marketplace, but that Apollo was also the “primary or possibly only supplier of the styli” that are used in the vinyl pressing process. “I imagine this will affect EVERYONE, not just Third Man Pressing and Third Man Mastering, but to what extent remains to be seen.”

This seems pretty bad

“From my understanding, this fire will present a problem for the vinyl industry worldwide,” Ben Blackwell, co-founder of Third Man Records told Pitchfork in an email. “There are only TWO companies that make lacquers in the world, and the other, MDC in Japan, already had trouble keeping up with demand BEFORE this development.” (The emphasis is Blackwell’s.)

Blackwell also wrote that there have been “whispers” of another company “entertaining the idea” of entering the lacquer marketplace, but that Apollo was also the “primary or possibly only supplier of the styli” that are used in the vinyl pressing process. “I imagine this will affect EVERYONE, not just Third Man Pressing and Third Man Mastering, but to what extent remains to be seen.”

Forgive my ignance, but what about these guys?

This seems pretty bad

Guys, I have a confession to make. Wednesday night, when I was doing my nightly prayers at Jeebus for things I want, I said that maybe everyone could stop releasing new records for a while, so that I can like... catch up and maybe save a little money so that I can, you know.... eat. Then yesterday one of only two lacquer plants in the entire world burns down. Now... I don't want to say that I did this with my mind but YOU GUYS I TOTALLY DID THIS WITH MY MIND.

Last edited:
Forgive my ignance, but what about these guys?

My impression is those guys just do the Mastering as opposed to create lacquer itself. But that is based on zero experience and knowledge of the process on my part...

Holy shit. If you haven't picked up the new John Moreland LP in the store you should. That shit came out today and it is 100% fire.

ARGH...I want to wait for my copy to arrive before I listen but you are making it so tempting to fire up Spotify

Is Swing Lo Magellan not shipping yet? I assumed it was in the warehouse already as a companion to Bitte Orca, but I got a shipping notice (for Aretha) while Swing Lo still says pending.

Back