Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Interesting that QRP uses mostly MDC lacquers, so VMP might not be all that affected by it directly as they are already customers of QRP. I also kind of assume that GZ uses DMM...but I feel like 90% of the VMP titles are RTI, QRP or GZ.
I assume they mean in house/AP cuts, right? QRP presses tons of things cut by mastering studios.

My issue with that article is that it is talking to the companies that are too big to fail. I'm worried about the impact this will have on the smaller mastering studios, which I don't think a marketing executive at Sony has any insight into.

Edit:looks like Ryan Smith is cutting a bunch of their stuff now. I guess I'm confused by what Kassem means by most of their lacquers are from MDC when they use Sterling and other cuts. I'd feel better if I heard this stuff from the actual cutting houses personally.

Last edited:
Imagine my surprise when I was going to yell DEB and then see that our @debianlinux had nothing to do with any of this.
All I will say is that I'm super happy to see the word verklempt being used. @bfly gets props for dropping a word I haven't seen in use since maybe high school. It seems that maybe 90's fashion is back in for certain at this point. I'm still not sure what it says about her that dudes talking about wee wees leaves her speechless with emotion!

All I will say is that I'm super happy to see the word verklempt being used. @bfly gets props for dropping a word I haven't seen in use since maybe high school. It seems that maybe 90's fashion is back in for certain at this point. I'm still not sure what it says about her that dudes talking about wee wees leaves her speechless with emotion!

DEB!

(There it is, balance is restored in the universe)

gaddamit.

I assume they mean in house/AP cuts, right? QRP presses tons of things cut by mastering studios.

My issue with that article is that it is talking to the companies that are too big to fail. I'm worried about the impact this will have on the smaller mastering studios, which I don't think a marketing executive at Sony has any insight into.

Edit:looks like Ryan Smith is cutting a bunch of their stuff now. I guess I'm confused by what Kassem means by most of their lacquers are from MDC when they use Sterling and other cuts. I'd feel better if I heard this stuff from the actual cutting houses personally.

manufacturing new lacquers is not the same as cutting the music onto one. mdc isn't a cutting facility. hope this helps!

manufacturing new lacquers is not the same as cutting the music onto one. mdc isn't a cutting facility. hope this helps!
I'm not sure what you thought I meant. I know what MDC is.

I was saying that it seems the businesses most directly affected by the Apollo fire will be the cutting houses, who Apollo directly supplied, not the big labels or even necessarily pressing plants, who were the only people quoted in that article. I haven't heard any of them say not to worry and I'm not sure why discogs thinks that a Sony marketing executive saying they think it will all work out is notable in any way.

Back