Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I live in the US and I don't know enough either... buttttttttttttttttt.........
If this stuff were shipped out via error and they took a huge loss... there's gotta be some positive fiduciary outcome?

You could write losses off as losses and not have it taxed as income, but if they are refunding the original orders for the lost vinyl then they also wouldn’t need to report it as income.

What I’m saying is, don’t overlook the possibility of it just being due to incompetence.

You could write losses off as losses and not have it taxed as income, but if they are refunding the original orders for the lost vinyl then they also wouldn’t need to report it as income.

What I’m saying is, don’t overlook the possibility of it just being due to incompetence.
Right—I get that some of this would be written off as a loss but it doesn’t make sense when it’s a way of losing money that not only affects the current business but future business as well...they have lost money from sending the wrong records to the wrong places but also in the terrible PR which has caused people to cancel subscriptions and new subscribers from not signing up...also, we are no longer in 2019 so don’t see how the errors still happening affect their 2019 income.

Thank you so much Bohnjaggs for reaching out and giving me the heads up about this! I’ll send in email tonight or tomorrow morning! I’m thankful none of the exclusives that dropped today interested me, otherwise I would’ve been pretty frustrated that I couldn’t purchase them. Phew! 😅🐒

Thanks again! I appreciate it! Love that so much people on N&G look out for each other! 😇🙏

I should point out in response to their “update” that none of my 20+ records were preorders or back orders or whatever else they claim. Regular items showing as in stock.
since the brief flurry of emails last night I have heard nothing.
why not even reply saying thanks for letting us know and we will go and look into it. It’s these basic things that just lead to more confusion and anger.
I have to email the CEO or whatever. Get a reply 2mins later. I reply 2 mins later then nothing. Aaaagh. No acknowledgement. Nothing.
i just dropped $399 on a renewed 12month international subscription and really want to not be hung out to dry.
i said this in my mail to them. $399 plus over $500 of outstanding orders. Best part of $900 and they ignore me?
Who does that?

I actually like the KAINA release but I’m not sure for now if I want to buy it. KAINA’s vocals have those gentle, soothing, adult contemporary qualities! The vocals also sound empty and dreary, yet sultry. A bit like Charlotte Day Wilson, but without that vintage Sadé quality! But the music on this KAINA album really contrasts her vocals. The production is quite lo-fi, layered and rough! It’s an interesting sound! 🧞

I have no interest in the Your Smith EP! The music on that EP sounds so generic and the vocals even sound generic. A definite pass on that album! 🙅‍♂️

I probably won’t get the KAINA release but thought that I would just give my thoughts on those two exclusives 🤷‍♂️

I should point out in response to their “update” that none of my 20+ records were preorders or back orders or whatever else they claim. Regular items showing as in stock.
since the brief flurry of emails last night I have heard nothing.
why not even reply saying thanks for letting us know and we will go and look into it. It’s these basic things that just lead to more confusion and anger.
I have to email the CEO or whatever. Get a reply 2mins later. I reply 2 mins later then nothing. Aaaagh. No acknowledgement. Nothing.
i just dropped $399 on a renewed 12month international subscription and really want to not be hung out to dry.
i said this in my mail to them. $399 plus over $500 of outstanding orders. Best part of $900 and they ignore me?
Who does that?
This is just ridiculous! I just want to give you the biggest, tightest, most comforting hug!

I can’t believe you renewed for 12 months as well! 😱 People thought I was a bit crazy for wanting to renew for 6 months, but damn......you are brave!!!

They better help you out ASAP because they would be messing with your feelings and that affects your working day/daily life negatively! I really hope they get back to you with a response that is acceptable, and gives you some peace of mind!

What actually is VMP right now? Like, ughhh, it’s so heart-breaking and frustrating to see what VMP has become right now..... 💔☹️

This is just ridiculous! I just want to give you the biggest, tightest, most comforting hug!

I can’t believe you renewed for 12 months as well! 😱 People thought I was a bit crazy for wanting to renew for 6 months, but damn......you are brave!!!

They better help you out ASAP because they would be messing with your feelings and that affects your working day/daily life negatively! I really hope they get back to you with a response that is acceptable, and gives you some peace of mind!

What actually is VMP right now? Like, ughhh, it’s so heart-breaking and frustrating to see what VMP has become right now..... 💔
Why thank you. I renewed for 12 months because at the point of renewal I hadn’t really experienced any issues in the two years or so I’d been a member.
I had no reason personally to doubt them.
since then obviously it’s went crazy.
is anyone even bothering to order anything new?

Why thank you. I renewed for 12 months because at the point of renewal I hadn’t really experienced any issues in the two years or so I’d been a member.
I had no reason personally to doubt them.
since then obviously it’s went crazy.
is anyone even bothering to order anything new?
Mmmmm I’ve been with them for a while as well and have never really had major issues. If I never discovered this forum, I would be thinking all is going fantastic with VMP, and that they are not responding to my email because they are just very busy 😂❌

Yeah, I ordered the Dirty Projectors ‘Swing Lo Magellan’ exclusive when it dropped a few weeks ago! I’m thinking of getting the Grizzly Bear but I’m not sure! 🤷‍♂️

Good luck again with the Customer service side of things with VMP! I’ve got my fingers crossed for you! 🤞

Right—I get that some of this would be written off as a loss but it doesn’t make sense when it’s a way of losing money that not only affects the current business but future business as well...they have lost money from sending the wrong records to the wrong places but also in the terrible PR which has caused people to cancel subscriptions and new subscribers from not signing up...also, we are no longer in 2019 so don’t see how the errors still happening affect their 2019 income.

It's no longer calendar year 2019, but it really all depends on what their fiscal calendar is. Who knows, they may have started fiscal year 2020 back in October for all we know

Back