Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I posted this over on the Reddits but it's worth repeating here - as someone who may or may not work on the platform VMP uses, this is not on them at all. They're on a tier of that platform that basically gives them the ability to do anything. I firmly believe this migration was entirely due to tax issues that they hadn't addressed yet and are built into this platform. Everything is indicating this is why they made the move so fast but there's still no reason for this colossal drop in service / fulfillment.

This is what TMR does with the Vault every quarter, I think it's good practice.
Interesting. I wouldn't have thought to put the burden on my customers. But I'm silly.

How many members does the Vault have? Vs. VMP? Just trying to wrap my brain around the effort involved.

Interesting. I wouldn't have thought to put the burden on my customers. But I'm silly.

How many members does the Vault have? Vs. VMP? Just trying to wrap my brain around the effort involved.
I would guess TMR doesn't have a "storf" announcing company details like that on the internet. I always thought it was odd Storf would share those numbers but they were never published anywhere else.
It's not really confidential, but there is good reason not to disclose that number.

I don't think that person who got 25 extra copies is getting the raffle/test pressing option for returning those.

Unless they use robots to send out packages, why isn't someone in the warehouse saying "isn't it odd that we're sending 26 copies of this to one person"? Or are they so overworked they just don't give a damn?
A) they may very well be using robots
B) they've probably been off-loading warehouse stock to other outlets that buy in larger quantities than a standard customer and no one thought any different
C) never question the pick ticket

Also with all the Reddit big boxes, things are purely chaos right now. I always wonder how many of these are happening that we don't see.

I got my remaining records today + 1 extra Fiona.

exactly.... how many don't we see on the forums/reedit? and with as many as we are seeing, i'm sure many many people will not be getting their records even knowing that typically they press about 10% more then stated amount for warps, etc...... at what point does VMP get choked out for having to issue refunds? not to mention, based on the amount of people that unsubbed after December (me included), this has got to be a sinking ship at this point...

I posted this over on the Reddits but it's worth repeating here - as someone who may or may not work on the platform VMP uses, this is not on them at all. They're on a tier of that platform that basically gives them the ability to do anything. I firmly believe this migration was entirely due to tax issues that they hadn't addressed yet and are built into this platform. Everything is indicating this is why they made the move so fast but there's still no reason for this colossal drop in service / fulfillment.

Yeah, the platform is incredibly stable and widely used. It's a leader in the industry for a reason.
My hunch is that they went with a third party layer sitting on top of the platform and had someone who didn't know what they were doing work with them or try to do it themselves which has resulted in the issues they are facing.
Blaming the platform is not fair, blame the company that they are working with to make the site.

I actually view it as a good check, but I'm weird like that. After my VMP shipping woes this past month, I'll take that over trying to track and intercept packages before they go to the wrong location any day of the week.

I'm sure the Vault has fewer members than VMP by a lot (high price product, more niche, etc.), but I have no idea. FWIW, the actual act of getting this stuff updated should be pretty easy and require minimal human involvement since it's basically all self service.

unpopular opinion: I love brown vinyl
I've always felt like any color vinyl can work if it fits with the color scheme of the album art

This is also the only message in the last, like, seven pages that jumped out to me because as far as I'm concerned, nothing about any of this is shocking anymore. At this point, everyone knows what to expect from VMP and I don't think there's a whole lot to be gained from clinging to the sinking ship hoping it will repair itself eventually. The fact that they have continued announcing ROTMs business as usual is proof to me that they aren't interested in trying to make things right for the people that are already there, but just trying to lure new customers in every few months.

I don't see VMP surviving in their current state. At some point all of this nonsense has to tank their reputation, if it hasn't already. The carelessness this company has been showing to their customers as of late is inexcusable. People deserve better than this.

A) they may very well be using robots
B) they've probably been off-loading warehouse stock to other outlets that buy in larger quantities than a standard customer and no one thought any different
C) never question the pick ticket

When I made my statement, I didn't think they were outsourcing their warehousing but it makes a lot of sense that the fulfillment workers are just putting stuff in boxes based on the packing list they receive because they are told to not question what the packing list says. It makes a lot of sense given they may pack 26 of something else that isn't records and the VMP stuff is more the outlier of what they normally pack/work on. The blame is completely on VMP for the incorrect packing lists. I just don't get how the lists can be that off.

IDK, I am still not being charged sales tax in CA. Not complaining, hope they don't fix that.

I got to pick a replacement record (Alma Con Alma) for RUN DMC due to warpage which now shows as shipped on my Orders page. Problem is, I never got a tracking text or update in my USPS app. When I manually entered the number, it shows tentative delivery Tuesday, Jan. 9 in Santa Monica, CA.

I live in Michigan and all of my orders have always come here. Not encouraging for future interactions with VMP logistics.

CB28C08C-3B50-4446-9378-A06ECCA8AB92.png
Has anyone had their incorrectly addressed albums subsequently returned to VMP?

When I made my statement, I didn't think they were outsourcing their warehousing but it makes a lot of sense that the fulfillment workers are just putting stuff in boxes based on the packing list they receive because they are told to not question what the packing list says. It makes a lot of sense given they may pack 26 of something else that isn't records and the VMP stuff is more the outlier of what they normally pack/work on. The blame is completely on VMP for the incorrect packing lists. I just don't get how the lists can be that off.
when i ran a warehouse, i had an experience with one vendor where all of my orders of certain products were shipping to me in multiples (kinda like what we saw with some of the Mobb Deep records ie order 2 get 4 etc). neither my organization or our liaison with the vendor could figure out what the issue was so they tracked and followed our order in person at the fulfillment center. the fulfillment center was using robots to pick orders with certain types of materials. when the picklists were loaded to the robots for fulfillment, our units of purchase differed from those loaded to the robots resulting in the mix ups.

i'm not saying that VMP and Saddle Creek are doing anything similar but warehouses are fucking weird places and no one truly sees or handles an order from placement to shipping. it's like a big game of telephone and hopefully if you're the customer the chain doesn't break down somewhere...

IDK, I am still not being charged sales tax in CA. Not complaining, hope they don't fix that.

As a non-Yankee, yall have very confusing tax laws. I know some States charge tax depending on where the item is shipped from while others do it depending on where it's being shipped to. The platform basically has all this set as default but you can make exceptions for goods, as well as stuff like county taxes and shit.. so that may be why you're not being charged?

I gotta agree with you, I was wondering if this might have been the reason, but again, as you mentioned, they did a piss poor job if it was the case. This whole thing is on VMP, don't kid yourselves, they have control of all the member facing decisions and actions, all the 3rd party companies are just tools..........which they manage.

All these "Tools" only do what they're told, they don't make decisions, they just carry out instructions.

Back