Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

But didn´t they post in the month before the system migration, that they had vmp employees over at saddle creek to handcount items to get an accurate inventory. I think that was the reason they ctold us for the re-emergence of some long-ou-of-stock titles.

I think they've said that a number of times and they've been "finding" boxes of old stock for years. That is definitely an issue and points to disorganization with their inventory, but a relatively minor one compared to some of these issues that are happening now.

There is obviously a disconnect between the system that is sending order information to Saddle Creek and the actual people fulfilling those orders.

If I was a warehouse worker putting in long hours over the holidays because a partner company made some bad business decisions I wouldn't give much of a damn about what I was putting into boxes. But also, maybe Saddle Creek is fulfilling orders correctly based on the information they are receiving but that information is just fucked. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think they've said that a number of times and they've been "finding" boxes of old stock for years. That is definitely an issue and points to disorganization with their inventory, but a relatively minor one compared to some of these issues that are happening now.

There is obviously a disconnect between the system that is sending order information to Saddle Creek and the actual people fulfilling those orders.

If I was a warehouse worker putting in long hours over the holidays because a partner company made some bad business decisions I wouldn't give much of a damn about what I was putting into boxes. But also, maybe Saddle Creek is fulfilling orders correctly based on the information they are receiving but that information is just fucked. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My point is: I don't have any idea what is going on, and I don't think VMP does either, but stick around because When the Pawn... is going to drop any day now!

So i have 25$ in store credit left to spend. Is the Ray Charles pressing any good? Hoping that when the pawn hits the store in January while i´m a member, but if not i´,m looking for alternatives.

So i have 25$ in store credit left to spend. Is the Ray Charles pressing any good? Hoping that when the pawn hits the store in January while i´m a member, but if not i´,m looking for alternatives.
I actually played it an hour ago! The pressing sounds really good! Ray Charles voice shines so much in the pressing! I highly recommend it! 💯⭐

But I do hope Fiona Apple’s “When The Pawn...” hits the store soon! Not sure how long Ray Charles will stay in store. But I must admit, it was an absolute joy to spin and the music on there is 10/10!

Stop sleeping VMP and WAKE UP!!! 💤💤🥱🥱💡

WAKE UP!!! ⏰⏰⏰

Omg, and it doesn’t help that it’s Winter in the U.S. either! 🥶😓

@Teeeee - I’m actually scared Voldermort isn’t going to stay alive within the next 12 months...🥺

Get that Credit refunded. Pay them by your card. You will have more security if they do go under. Wouldn’t want you to lose out as things look like they are going from bad to worse here.

Get that Credit refunded. Pay them by your card. You will have more security if they do go under. Wouldn’t want you to lose out as things look like they are going from bad to worse here.
I don’t want to get it refunded because I know I’ll spend it on a future VMP Anthology boxset (next one won’t sell out straight away I’m guessing) and on exclusives etc.

I just want my membership to be renewed. I’m happy to wait, but I just want confirmation it will happen soon! I’ll be fine with missing out on Herbie Hancock, just as long as I get N*E*R*D and Dirty Projectors + I’m locked in for another 5 months after! 🤞

Then the other $300 can go towards exclusives and potentially a VMP Anthology box! 📦

But Murfocakes......I’m so scared that VMP won’t exist in 2021! I hope another similar vinyl company opens up, that have membership and does international shipping with the membership, even if it’s $10-12 extra a month!

I’m so worried for VMP! I just want them to announce the next three Essential ROTM’s so then I forget about everything 😂🙈🐠

I’m spinning vinyl right now and I’m so happy and it’s giving me so much life!!! Like I’m really feeling the music! 😃🌼🍎🍋🌈♥️🎯🕺💃

Like, I need VMP to be strong and survive this flood they are experiencing! I love all the exclusives that have arrived in the past week! They are all 🔥🔥💎💎👌👌

Although I’m having a bit of issues with them, I really like them and am still hopeful things will get better in a few months time! 🙏

Looks like I have two packages waiting for me in my community mailbox. According to parcelsapp they were both delivered two days ago yet I never received a shipping notice. 🤷‍♂️

And what the fuck is actually happening at Saddle Creek? I just want to go into that warehouse and help!

Saddle Creek is almost definitely simply fulfilling the orders based on information they're getting from VMP. It's a vendor-side issue. It's not the job of the 3rd party fulfillment center to make determinations of whether the order ticket is valid. They likely have an EDI transmission of the order book, and the warehouse prints pick-slips for each order and ships the exact SKUs and quantities that are on those slips.

I just want to be a member again, especially in case something like Fiona Apple’s “When The Pawn...” suddenly drops!

But when "When the Pawn" drops, it's almost certainly not going to be a members only exclusive. Idler Wheel wasn't. Hell, Still Woozy wasn't. There's really no benefit right now to being a member outside of spinning the roulette wheel and hopping you hit the jackpot of getting 12x albums you didn't order. But the downside is you spin the wheel and get nothing, your credits disappear or can't be applied to memberships, your albums never ship (or they do, and get sent to the wrong state), and the refunds that are slowly processed get sent to a defunct card or account and you end up SOL with no refund and no records.

The Ray album was mastered and cut by Kevin Gray at Coherent (good thing) and pressed at Rainbo (bad thing).

Good mastering = dynamic sound. But there's a high potential for pressing defects out of that plant (which will be closing this month).

Saddle Creek is almost definitely simply fulfilling the orders based on information they're getting from VMP. It's a vendor-side issue. It's not the job of the 3rd party fulfillment center to make determinations of whether the order ticket is valid. They likely have an EDI transmission of the order book, and the warehouse prints pick-slips for each order and ships the exact SKUs and quantities that are on those slips
Agreed. In my experience, the warehouse isn't the one to actually blame here. I think I mentioned this before but in all of my warehouse experience, the pickers are told to not question the pick slips at all and if there's an issues with the order, let the business and customer to sort it out. Unfortunately, VMP is a trash fire, so you get what we've seen.

Sitting on $30 in credit and debating whether or not to hold onto it until something really grabs me or just grab Bon Iver which I don't have yet and be done with them for good. I consider myself a fairly big Bon Iver fan, but for some reason that last one hasn't resonated with me fully yet.

I asked my membership to be renewed through my VMP credits, and CS got back to me last week saying “d”. Which I’m assuming means ‘done’. It didn’t work and as a result, I’m not a member and probably will not receive Herbie Hancock (which is frustrating but I’ve just accepted it). I just want to be a member again, especially in case something like Fiona Apple’s “When The Pawn...” suddenly drops! 👀🙇‍♂️😵
While I don't agree, I do admire your passion for a company YOU truly support. That being said, I would take the advice given to you a few times, at this point get that $500 refunded ASAP, that's money lost if things go further down the hole. You can always renew at a later date, and I would like to think that an email from a member who has been this supportive, on the outside chance you miss something, would be taken care of..........at least that's what I think they SHOULD do. But I think we're more worried about you losing all that credit if you let it linger too long. ;)

Sitting on $30 in credit and debating whether or not to hold onto it until something really grabs me or just grab Bon Iver which I don't have yet and be done with them for good. I consider myself a fairly big Bon Iver fan, but for some reason that last one hasn't resonated with me fully yet.
Honestly just grab Bon Iver and be done with this shit show once and for all! i,i is a great album!!

I did the math on this over on reddit. tldr, this person got $939 in free records.

So OP ordered: Tidal ($40), Soul Christmas ($27), Hard Core ($27), Mulberry Violence ($23) and Coal Miner's Daughter ($34). The total order amount is $151 (excluding any potential shipping or tax).

What OP received is the $151 order above, plus:

An extra copy of Hard Core ($27), and many things they did not order. Including: High/Low ($34), Jamie ($26), Point x2 ($70), Let it Bleed ($33), Hyperspace x5 ($145), Woodstock ($280), Merle x3 ($75), Idler Wheel x2 ($64), All Mirrors ($33), Demon Days ($40), Waylon x3 ($75), Bad Vibes ($27), and a Cork Mat ($10).

That's a grand total of $939 (pre-shipping & tax) in records that OP did not order or pay for, yet received.

VMP is running itself out of business doing this. And they're probably fucking over people who did order these, or who need replacement copies where the album now shows as sold out (a few of these titles, like Let it Bleed, aren't even searchable in their store anymore).

Honestly just grab Bon Iver and be done with this shit show once and for all! i,i is a great album!!
Yeah... that's what I'm going to do. I just don't want any connection or money/credits owed to me at this point. Who knows what they'll pull next. May as well use them while I have them! And who knows, maybe I'll end up with 92 copies or some other random assortment of albums. If that happens, I'll be making it rain in the PIF thread.

Has anyone actually had anything they ordered with the Black Friday discount code ship? All my orders shipped except Beck which I ordered with the code.
I got a couple of records in the sale and they arrived last week. Have'nt cracked them open yet to check all is ok but they definitely arrived at least.

VMP also still having geography issues:

Tracking for a Townes Van Zandt record I ordered shows it going to Limerick, Ireland even though I live in London, England. I emailed CS and never heard back so PM'ed them on instagram and they got back to me and said that it definitely should be going to my actual address, and that the information shown on the tracking is to be ignored. I was fully expecting it to go to Ireland but I just checked and the tracking shows it clearing customs at Heathrow, London.....so hopefully its not then shooting off to Ireland.

Did any of you get a refund from VMP for the Etta James record? Is that not coming now?
I have had a replacement in my orders for ages now, the day I received the original warped copy I put in the request for Etta and QOTSA. I have tracking for QOTSA which shows a parcel weighing more than 1 record, so hopefully Etta is in there. If it doesn't appear in that package then I fully expect to be told they made a mistake and refund me.

Back