Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Yawn to those essentials picks.
Anybody else think it's a little strange that both this article and the accompanying tweets are like "Whoo, we're so excited about Caroline Rose's new album that we can't wait to announce that it's the March AOTM! We love everything about her, super hyped, we have a long relationship and it's been building to this for a couple of years now, so proud, wiping our tear-stained cheeks.

Oh, and also a band called The Roots."

Edit: I mean it goes to great lengths to describe Caroline Rose's "purple and neon pink splatter vinyl with a 10”x 10” lyric and photo booklet." Phrenology, though? It's a new digital master and it'll be on vinyl, next question.

The irony of posting that survey right before they announce Feb/Mar essentials :ROFLMAO:

I really want the Caroline Rose album, but not a month or two after release date, which will be when VMP ships it. Maybe I’ll buy it and then swap for something else.

Don't discount Caroline Rose. LONER was one of my top albums of 2018. Almost plopped down for a signed copy of Superstar from her site today, but now I've got a decision to make.

Loner didn't really do it for me. I'll check it out still, but if it's anything like her last it'll be one and done.

Phrenology is a straight up classic, yo.

Honestly, The Roots have never really clicked for me. Glad you're excited though - I know many will be!

Last edited:
I really want the Caroline Rose album, but not a month or two after release date, which will be when VMP ships it. Maybe I’ll buy it and then swap for something else.
Not really stoked on the new single :/

But I said the same for Angel Olsen's 'All Mirrors' track, and that album went on to absolutely blow me away.

I'm sad I won't know what that punk album they hinted at for april is. I was hoping they'd announce it so I could decide if I'd cancel or not. :/

Let's all play - can you spot the editing error in this article????

I did within 10 seconds.

I didn’t but I’m very tired...

What I, will say is that they absolutely adore what I see as totally unnecessary commas early in a sentence...

I'm sad I won't know what that punk album they hinted at for april is. I was hoping they'd announce it so I could decide if I'd cancel or not. :/
2 months is the same as 3, right? Based on the orders going out, you can probably add “numbers” to the things VMP has trouble with, along with “geography” and “competence”.

Or maybe they don’t plan to be around by April.

Either seems realistic.

I didn’t but I’m very tired...

What I, will say is that they absolutely adore what I see as totally unnecessary commas early in a sentence...

Actually more generally, so many commas! I’d hate to hear storf giving a speech!

Did they drop any other hints, or just a "punk" album? Do we expect a Blink182/Green Day "punk" drop? Or Ramones? NOFX/Rancid? The Clash? I'm interested.

Where are the Caroline Rose non-VMP variants?! Signed stuff doesn't do a lot for me, but I'll go that route if it's all we're going to get. VMP can't be the only colorway though, can they?

Anybody else think it's a little strange that both this article and the accompanying tweets are like "Whoo, we're so excited about Caroline Rose's new album that we can't wait to announce that it's the March AOTM! We love everything about her, super hyped, we have a long relationship and it's been building to this for a couple of years now, so proud, wiping our tear-stained cheeks.

Oh, and also a band called The Roots."

Edit: I mean it goes to great lengths to describe Caroline Rose's "purple and neon pink splatter vinyl with a 10”x 10” lyric and photo booklet." Phrenology, though? It's a new digital master and it'll be on vinyl, next question.
Yeah my guess is because Roots will get a wide release shortly after. But on the other hand so will Caroline Rose so who knows...

Can’t wait to score that Roots album on Discogs in a few months!

It will probably be available elsewhere in a different variant. There's next to zero chance that they only release that album with VMP.
As we've seen in the past exclusive only means the color variant.

I would also wager that wherever else it's released will get you a copy before VMP will.... and it will be less warped.

It will probably be available elsewhere in a different variant. There's next to zero chance that they only release that album with VMP.
As we've seen in the past exclusive only means the color variant.

I would also wager that wherever else it's released will get you a copy before VMP will.... and it will be less warped.
Wonderful.

Where are the Caroline Rose non-VMP variants?! Signed stuff doesn't do a lot for me, but I'll go that route if it's all we're going to get. VMP can't be the only colorway though, can they?

Given that it is a new release, I'm guessing VMP worked with New West to limit colored variants. Their value proposition is low to begin with, of course, but if other colored variants were available it would be an even tougher sell.

Back