Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

i haven't posted in here cuz im no longer a member but does anyone even think VMP gives a shit anymore? about customers, or even the product....it all just seems like "buy it and like it and stfu". just my thoughts.

I really think what we're all seeing (and I say this as someone who hasn't been a member for most of 2019) is them trying to sell the business or get another round of investors. As I noted on the Reddit thread, the migration seems like a quick-fix to a tax issue that they had to address almost immediately and was handled as well as expected. By no means am I a doctor of business, but I really don't think VMP is doing very well at the moment (and that's putting it nicely)

Had a feeling that was the case. I hate the idea of having a hot-selling item sitting there in the warehouse, waiting possibly for months for another record to arrive. Plenty of time for it to grow legs and wander off into somebody else's shipment along with three copies of Aretha.

Fortunately in this case, I'm pretty confident Our Mother the Mountain is NOT in any way a hot-selling item.
Yeah I have Bon Iver and The Idler wheel being held up because I ordered them with Caroline Polachek.
I am not confident that they can hold them aside for another month.

Yeah I have Bon Iver and The Idler wheel being held up because I ordered them with Caroline Polachek.
I am not confident that they can hold them aside for another month.

I would say there is no way Idler is actually sold out as they said there was no limit to this pressing and they'd be dumb af to leave all that money on the table but hey, we are talking about VMP here so who tf knows.

i haven't posted in here cuz im no longer a member but does anyone even think VMP gives a shit anymore? about customers, or even the product....it all just seems like "buy it and like it and stfu". just my thoughts.

I think there's people at VMP who care. I feel really bad for their CS team. It's not their fault the company is beyond fucked.

But I think the folks at the top are either 1) completely incompetent 2) completely oblivious or 3) desperate and trying to gtfo before the ship sinks. Could be all 3.

I would say there is no way Idler is actually sold out as they said there was no limit to this pressing and they'd be dumb af to leave all that money on the table but hey, we are talking about VMP here so who tf knows.

Well, "storf said", and that doesn't have a great track record lately.

So for those following along, I actually got an email from VMP confirming the refund of my Sonny Rollins order and it has appeared in my PayPal and the refund of Madlib's 420 Allstars showed up on my CC statement. So at least the money is now back in my accounts, hooray I guess!?

VMP, the best damn savings club...

Annnnd I just got refunded on my last two November records. So in the end I didn’t get a single restock. Not surprising at this point but still disappointing all the same.
Yep I just got an unnamed and unexplained refund for $58 dollars which is the same price as my Comet and Pinata order. The same Comet and Pinata order that was partially refunded last week because Comet was oversold. The same partial refund that never came through to my account. The same Comet and Pinata order that I was told 4 days ago in an email that Pinata was not oversold and would ship shortly.
I also currently have 2 copies of Mr Hands in my order sheet, a record that I have actually ordered zero of. And I would fully expect that I will not be seeing the copy of Caribou "Swim" that I actually did swap for.

One more month... one more month and I'm free.

Yep I just got an unnamed and unexplained refund for $58 dollars which is the same price as my Comet and Pinata order. The same Comet and Pinata order that was partially refunded last week because Comet was oversold. The same partial refund that never came through to my account. The same Comet and Pinata order that I was told 4 days ago in an email that Pinata was not oversold and would ship shortly.
I also currently have 2 copies of Mr Hands in my order sheet, a record that I have actually ordered zero of. And I would fully expect that I will not be seeing the copy of Caribou "Swim" that I actually did swap for.

Jesus fuck, dude. I can't even begin to imagine how it got as screwed up as it did for you.

If even 1/3 of their customers accounts are as screwed up as yours, man. They are in deep.

I'm sorry you are dealing with this. The end is near!

The bold is, apparently, how VMP is operating right now,

Is this confirmed? Because that would explain why my Ray Charles album hasn’t shipped yet since I ordered with John Moreland. Like people are saying I don’t trust them to hold inventory in place so this would be a real bad situation. I also ordered Both Townes and caribou together too so those would all be held...

On the positive the air is beginning to smell fresher and the chink of light is getting bigger. Freedom is going to be epic!

CF8FD98A-FFF4-4D5D-8C67-C9F943573785.gif

On the positive the air is beginning to smell fresher and the chink of light is getting bigger. Freedom is going to be epic!

View attachment 28548
I should also add I'm waiting on resolution for double seam splits on Run DMC which I already know they're gunna two me is sold out, and horrible end of side crackle on both sides of Ann Arbor Blues Vol 1 Disc 2... which I'm sure is also very sold out.

I should also add I'm waiting on resolution for double seam splits on Run DMC which I already know they're gunna two me is sold out, and horrible end of side crackle on both sides of Ann Arbor Blues Vol 1 Disc 2... which I'm sure is also very sold out.

take the refund money and run! Buy some nice whiskey with it!

Back