Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I got Mobb Deep and Beck today. :eek::eek::eek: Who knows how many trips across the country that Mobb Deep took. It was a Christmas present for the wife that has now become a Valentine's Day gift. I just stuck it on my record shelf because she'll never notice it there. :sneaky:

I also got a shipping notice for Herbie... but no movement on the Townes exclusive I bought. Whatever, that's probably the least concerning issue at hand.

So I'm now down to two unfulfilled November orders -- both restocks, neither refunded. And the one record they did refund went to a now-defunct credit card and surprise! They haven't responded to my email about it.

Still a mess. A slightly more manageable mess, but still a mess all the same.

Last edited:
...um...yeah...and who was it that was saying they should hit the pause button on the Jan. ROTM, and EVERYTHING else, until this got fixed? I just sent CS (help button style) another email. I said I would send them an email every day, until they started treating me like an adult. At this point, I don't give AF about the two records I don't have (Al Green - Let's stay' and Pinata). Just refund the money and let's move on. And please, anyone coming on here, to tell us complainers to STFU, can piss off. We are now on week what...3-4 (maybe 5) of this cluster fuck?

That was me. The poll was pretty evenly split. The folks on reddit HATED it. I think they're coming around now, too.
...ounce of prevention...MEAT your pound of cure...
I stayed away from that vote, but meaty pizza keeps digging themselves deeper.
In all seriousness, the AOTM getting shipped to wrong address will be the straw for many.
And I never got any email on Friday. So I guess they are lying to us now, too?

What happened to only 5% of orders being outstanding and would be cleared by w/ending Dec 29th. That was their last update.
so that week they only had 5% left to clear.
We are over a week later. Really who believes any of this stuff anymore?
Is anyone actually working at VMP anymore?

there was only ever a 20% uplift in orders with Black Friday and other factors. That’s what they confirmed. Anyone who has ever worked in a service industry will tell you that is not a very big rise. If they normally got 2,000 orders they would get 2,400. It’s not like it went off the chart and orders doubled or trebled.
thats the weird thing.
So anyway. I still have my 20+ orders outstanding since early November and last update was to tell me to send them good
Vibes.
I mean really.
I guess the nearly $1,000 for those records that I don’t have plus a renewed yearly international subscription wasn’t enough? They require additional ‘vibes’.
honestly these guys should be ashamed.
their failure to communicate at all is leading to huge numbers of cancellations which might not have occurred had they actually communicated. And could sink the company’s cash flow situation.

Has anyone actually had anything they ordered with the Black Friday discount code ship? All my orders shipped except Beck which I ordered with the code.

Yeah, I got a confirmation on the live Mere and Waylon albums last week coming in the same package. I had to request the discount post BF, after the system would not list me as a member. I swapped this month's ROTM for the Isleys and have not received confirmation on that one.

...um...yeah...and who was it that was saying they should hit the pause button on the Jan. ROTM, and EVERYTHING else, until this got fixed? I just sent CS (help button style) another email. I said I would send them an email every day, until they started treating me like an adult. At this point, I don't give AF about the two records I don't have (Al Green - Let's stay' and Pinata). Just refund the money and let's move on. And please, anyone coming on here, to tell us complainers to STFU, can piss off. We are now on week what...3-4 (maybe 5) of this cluster fuck?

Closer to week 8; the migration began about a week into November, while Mobb Deep went on sale November 5. Back then people were only mad over people being allowed to buy up to 5 copies. We were so young, so innocent back then...

Back again with another crucial update that is *alleged* and *theoretical* but which might make some people happy during these times.

I mentioned I got a lemon copy of Idler Wheel and was in CS limbo for two weeks. And then, unannounced, I received a replacement and, the next day, kept getting "send us good vibes" emails about that record they already replaced. Well, theoretically, what if a few days afterward, I received a CS email saying they're refunding me because Idler Wheel is out of stock and they can't provide a replacement? That'd be something wouldn't it?!

I just caught up reading about this and I'm genuinely really sorry you all are going through this. They're so bad at business and so full of shit and it sucks that it's basically a full time job for customers to just try and track down items they paid for, often several months ago...

No one's gotten Labi Siffre yet, right? I'm wondering if my Townes didn't get sent along with my regular ROTM because I ordered it at the same time as the Labi pre-order, so the new inventory system won't ship Townes until Siffre is in stock. If that's the way it'll be going forward I might have to be cautious ordering multiple records at the same time. I got both of these in the same order so I could take advantage of the 20% promo code that's going around.

I bought Our Mother the Mountain btw, so that is definitely at the warehouse and other people have gotten it.

Edit: Unrelated but I'm listening to Beck right now, and the pressing sounds great and the album is fantastic. It took a while to grow on me, but I think it might be my favorite Beck album since Guero. Saw Lightning fucking slaps.

The bold is, apparently, how VMP is operating right now,

Had a feeling that was the case. I hate the idea of having a hot-selling item sitting there in the warehouse, waiting possibly for months for another record to arrive. Plenty of time for it to grow legs and wander off into somebody else's shipment along with three copies of Aretha.

Fortunately in this case, I'm pretty confident Our Mother the Mountain is NOT in any way a hot-selling item.

Back