Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Dont know where to post this, but that may interst some.
I wrote cs an e-mail asking when the jim james uniform disorder/ clarity box set i ordered in february will ship ( that was reported as delayed to may). Pauly replied telling me that they thought they were shipped but could not tell because they no longer are in business with that distribution partne. He directly offered a refund or store credit, so that's fine for me.
But if you are still waiting for delayed shipments that should come out of the former distribution center for non-exclusives, i recommend contacting cs.
Adding to my feeling that most of vmps problems are more disorganization and bad (internal & external) communication than actual malevolence the jim james deluxe that i got a refund for surprisingly arrived at my door yesterday

Adding to my feeling that most of vmps problems are more disorganization and bad (internal & external) communication than actual malevolence the jim james deluxe that i got a refund for surprisingly arrived at my door yesterday

This is their problems in a nutshell. Overhaul the computer system and stop pushing multiple exclusives for a few months to get on top of things and you’d have happier members who would stick around much longer

Anyone get the Stars' exclusive and have a ton of popping throughout the last track of the album?
Yeah. I was really bummed about this, because that is arguably the best song on the record. I'm not sure there is any remedy for it, unfortunately.

Even worth contacting VMP? I am assuming if we both are having the issue, it's widespread and a replacement won't do shit.

Anyone get the Stars' exclusive and have a ton of popping throughout the last track of the album?
Yeah. I was really bummed about this, because that is arguably the best song on the record. I'm not sure there is any remedy for it, unfortunately.

Even worth contacting VMP? I am assuming if we both are having the issue, it's widespread and a replacement won't do shit.
I’m right there with both of you. I’d never requested a replacement before, but this was pretty obnoxious on that last track so I emailed them yesterday. You’re right, a replacement probably won’t do any good...

im sure this has been talked about to death so dont kill me but i just got my box today and the image quality of the front and back covers of UGK is comical. like bootleg comical. i think i remember reading somewhere on here that it was from the CD?

I think it's partially because of the material the jacket is printed on.. When it's in the plastic it looks poor, but imo, when you're just holding the jacket, it's pretty cool.

I’m right there with both of you. I’d never requested a replacement before, but this was pretty obnoxious on that last track so I emailed them yesterday. You’re right, a replacement probably won’t do any good...
Really a bummer because the pressing is so beautiful. And, I sold by black copy for this one...

Contact them regardless, they should be informed of the problem

I just got my delivery and Weyes Blood was in it in perfect condition. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
here is the response I received when I asked about when the second 250 will ship:

"Right now, I think we are still waiting on a strict timeline from the label, but we are going to send one last email once we know for sure the timeline, to update all the folks on this list.
Extremely sorry that you have to deal with all of this.
Let me know if you have any other questions, or if you need anything else. All the best!
-Paul"

"Right now, I think we are still waiting on a strict timeline from the label, but we are going to send one last email once we know for sure the timeline, to update all the folks on this list.
Extremely sorry that you have to deal with all of this.
Let me know if you have any other questions, or if you need anything else. All the best!
-Paul"

Oh, so NOW PaulyB is including apologies in his replies. Probably after @TenderLovingKiller® called him out on not including an apology in previous responses for VMP's own failures and errors.

Back