Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Man, all these problems constantly arising and I just can’t quit until I get that Fiona When The Pawn... exclusive.

Storf was probably playing us but can someone tag me when it, and if it ever, is announced?
Please, please, please?

By the way, emailed in to see if I could cancel my Lukas Nelson exclusive and use that refund to put towards The Comet Is Coming exclusive. I want it but don’t want to spend the $29.
Silly, no?

Oh come on, they’re stringing you along. I mean they released the ROTM 2 years ago. You can always do a re-sub if it ever does get released, which is more than likely won’t.

I went for Comet Is Coming yesterday after giving the album a play. I still have about $90 credit and my account is to renew next month but think that i’ll Just leave and hold that credit until something really special comes along. The last 3 or 4 months, none of the changes have been for the good of the customer and there are always other options. (Why we have our very own album of the month’s here curated by our excellent tastemakers)

Thank care about shipping if you don't renew.

Yeah I think @Skalap is right, it’s a $15 postage per thing internationally if you are not a member. They don’t, last time I checked, charge retrospectively charge if you order as a member but it shipped later. The way they are moving though I wouldn’t be surprised if that changed...

Yeah I think @Skalap is right, it’s a $15 postage per thing internationally if you are not a member. They don’t, last time I checked, charge retrospectively charge if you order as a member but it shipped later. The way they are moving though I wouldn’t be surprised if that changed...

Well i’m awaiting Weyes Blood and Fist City Die to delays too. Think they could get in trouble retrospectively charging, especially as they are invoiced as a different value.

Man, all these problems constantly arising and I just can’t quit until I get that Fiona When The Pawn... exclusive.

Storf was probably playing us but can someone tag me when it, and if it ever, is announced?
Please, please, please?

By the way, emailed in to see if I could cancel my Lukas Nelson exclusive and use that refund to put towards The Comet Is Coming exclusive. I want it but don’t want to spend the $29.
Silly, no?

Oh come on, they’re stringing you along. I mean they released the ROTM 2 years ago. You can always do a re-sub if it ever does get released, which is more than likely won’t.

For what it's worth, I was listening to the Vinyl Emergency podcast and the guy mentioned that he has it from a good source that when it drops it will be released via her website.

Maybe VMP will get an exclusive but it won't be the only one. They've seen the profitability of Tidal.

There's a bit of a loop hole that I've found accidentally and it works sometimes.
They seem to bill only on the 1st of the month, and sometimes they announce the next album a few days before. In that sweet spot if you renew - you can go order what you want from the store with free shipping - then cancel your membership after. Your store purchases will ship and you don't get charged / need to carry the sub forward. Your mileage might vary as sometimes I've been charged right away - so I only did this on occasions when I could actually live with the album of the month announced in case I couldn't back out. In other cases, for example blossom dearie - I was like why should I pay $45 for international one month when I can buy it from the store for $29?

Im well aware there is an ethical infringement on my part but I can sleep at night.

Last edited:

Please, please, please?

Silly, no?
Storf is playing you. Fiona Apple and Frank Ocean are never going to happen. They keep teasing those to try to keep people subscribed. All of the teases are so disingenuous.

Yeah I have Feist. One of the best records I bought from them. Sounds Fab!
Feist made me rejoin VMP a month or two after it came out. I got an email saying I’d get a free record of I rejoined so I grabbed Feist and Queen and stuck around for a bit until recently. Feist is one of my most played VMP records I think.

Storf is playing you. Fiona Apple and Frank Ocean are never going to happen. They keep teasing those to try to keep people subscribed. All of the teases are so disingenuous.
I know this, yet my desire for more Fiona wax pulls me forward. Going to aim for one record every month. It’s like a junkie that know he should stay away from Junk but can’t. 😞

I know this, yet my desire for more Fiona wax pulls me forward. Going to aim for one record every month. It’s like a junkie that know he should stay away from Junk but can’t. 😞

I kept second guessing whether I should cancel or not and then just hit the button and felt a flood of relief. Looking back at VMP v non VMP over the last year and I feel silly for even remotely doubting that it wasn’t the right call!

FWIW, you should be grandfathered into a one month plan so you could theoretically always cancel and just try to keep track of what they are releasing and hop back on if something you want comes up.

FWIW, you should be grandfathered into a one month plan so you could theoretically always cancel and just try to keep track of what they are releasing and hop back on if something you want comes up.
I’m not so sure about that. I was grandfathered at the $75 a quarter and CS lead me to believe I would pay full price upon return (when I cancelled... I think as a last ditch effort to try to change my mind)... I think the grandfathering of monthly was more aimed at you staying on board than allowing you to bail and come back, which incidentally was why they axed it anyhow (and honestly, it’s one of the few sound business decisions they’ve made recently despite how people may feel about it).

I kept second guessing whether I should cancel or not and then just hit the button and felt a flood of relief. Looking back at VMP v non VMP over the last year and I feel silly for even remotely doubting that it wasn’t the right call!
I feel you, I love when their products turn out flat, quiet, and on time but man how rarely does that happen? Yet I still can’t let go. Not sure why...definitely letting the positives outweigh the negatives.

Just received four of their albums from Bespoke Post and I’m so nervous about checking them out. They been sitting there since Thursday. What other company brings about that sort of stress and anxiety towards opening the actual product? Can’t think of one.

@MikeH , c’mon we all know how well VMP keeps their word. :ROFLMAO:🤭

I feel you, I love when their products turn out flat, quiet, and on time but man how rarely does that happen? Yet I still can’t let go. Not sure why...definitely letting the positives outweigh the negatives.

Just received four of their albums from Bespoke Post and I’m so nervous about checking them out. They been sitting there since Thursday. What other company brings about that sort of stress and anxiety towards opening the actual product? Can’t think of one.

@MikeH , c’mon we all know how well VMP keeps their word. :ROFLMAO:🤭
I mean I dealt with that stress and anxiety by immediately throwing them on the table in a rush to qc them all each month. It’s one of the big pros to not being there anymore! Letting off on Amazon (and mail orders in general) has greatly decreased my need to make sure everything is perfect and allowed me to actually indulge in the hobby again. I’m still buying more than I should but have slowed down and probably will continue to do so. I’m learning to live with the music again instead of letting it basically run my life.

I don’t think that’s true. 1 month was available when I signed up and after I cancelled, I checked to see if it was available and the only options were 3 and 12 months. I might have signed up for one month for OutKast, but thanks to PIF and no option that could be afforded with my store credit, I wasn’t tempted.

Back