Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

You can get Paul cauthen on bandcamp for 17$ for "cocaine white":
https://lightningrodrecords.bandcamp.com/album/room-41
Alex cameron is available in a lot of different places on standard black for 19$:
https://www.secretlystore.com/miami-memory-alex-cameron
https://alkcm.bandcamp.com/album/miami-memory

Only one I can't find elsewhere at the moment is WIVES.

As someone else mentioned in the pre-order thread, Secretly Society members can get that Alex Cameron for a sweet sweet $15.99

Yeah. I was really bummed about this, because that is arguably the best song on the record. I'm not sure there is any remedy for it, unfortunately.

Even worth contacting VMP? I am assuming if we both are having the issue, it's widespread and a replacement won't do shit.
Update: VMP is sending a replacement. I doubt the quality will be different, but it is worth a shot. Keep your eyes peeled in dat PIF thread!

Storf posted a pic of his weyes blood exclusive to IG. I guess he was in bucket 1.

Seems customers should get these before employees. But what do I know?

I like Storf but I agree. The good thing is that your average VMP customer doesn’t know Storf is so they don’t know about it. But since they shut down the forum in 2 days and their continued shipping delays can anything that is done in that organization ever be considered a win for the customer. I may pick up an exclusive here and now but I won’t go out of my way to support their organization. Magnolia is a much better cause to give my $45 dollars to every month. Timely shipping and they don’t promise what they can’t deliver on.

Storf posted a pic of his weyes blood exclusive to IG. I guess he was in bucket 1
giphy.gif

Anyone ever get a "numbered" VMP record that was supposed to be hand stamped, and is just totally blank?

I got a record today (Desmond Dekker - You Can Get It) and it has the /750 printed on the back, and the foil stamp is supposed to have the number in front (see generic example below).. but nope! Just blank! Silly.

R-11136652-1545053856-7926.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
I pulled the trigger on The Comet is Coming. I'd been listening to it the last few days and went from indifference to absolutely loving it. Funny how that works sometimes.

I like the exclusive colorway. But I've decided that rather than support VMP by forking over $29 (!!!) for a single LP, I'll just buy it at their show in Portland. These guys deserve my money. Hopefully I'll get it signed as a bonus!

Anyone ever get a "numbered" VMP record that was supposed to be hand stamped, and is just totally blank?

I got a record today (Desmond Dekker - You Can Get It) and it has the /750 printed on the back, and the foil stamp is supposed to have the number in front (see generic example below).. but nope! Just blank! Silly.

R-11136652-1545053856-7926.jpeg.jpg

View attachment 7388

Yep, got Eddie Gale that's like this. I figured they were replacement copies or the ones that slipped by on the production line during the bong rips.

Edit: to be fair the copy you have is "rarer"

Back