Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Those
Still no shipping notice for my December bucket of pizza, supposed to be a big bucket this month:
Aretha Pizza - ROTM
Brittany Howard Black Friday Sale Pizza
TLC 7 month old Pizza
Kate Bollinger EP Pizza
Both Fiona Pizzas
Charly Bliss & Clairo randomly restocked Pizza

I'm sure Woozy Pizza won't ship until next month, but I'm feeling more and more certain that if I ever receive my bucket of pizzas this month it will just be Aretha Pizza... with Pineapple... and a slice tax taken by the delivery driver.

View attachment 26102
Those are gonna be some moldy ass pizzas by the time you get them. Don't give yourself food poisoning!

Not his department, am I right?

Ban Storf.
It's his last sentence that just is so unnecessary, adversarial and just not a way to speak to customers. And doesn't he think that it makes the opposite side dig their heels in more? Not that there should be sides on this, but it's pretty clear he thinks there are and he is antagonizing the people that are rightfully calling them out on their nonsense.

I mean, c'mon at this point it's almost as if they are intentionally messing with the customer base, testing the system just to see how far they can take things and still manage to stay in business (or not). I'm guessing, based on past experience, their assumption is that they can just bring the masses rushing back with another shiny object (Feb - April ROTM announcement) - and sadly, they might be right.

Point being (and I'm not the first to call attention to this): until more people fully vote with their wallets, they have no incentive to change or improve.

I voted with my wallet and this felt good!

View attachment 26171
A comment like this to ANY other company would be red flagged and escalated to the head of the whole company, or head of customer relations, if the company is massive, so they could reach out to you personally to resolve what you're saying here. But it'll just be ignored because they don't care.

Storf indicating that customer service is "working on" getting an email (the message that was posted yesterday here and again today on reddit did not go out to everyone).

It would appear that VMP has lost their customer's email addresses/don't have easy access to send a mass communication, and they only have contact for those who have filed complaints or reached out to the care team, OR that they have no clue how to respond to all of this and are just sitting around brainstorming how to blame this on anyone but themselves.

Last edited:
Hey, here's a fun hypothetical. If you have purchased a record...say Still Woozy...and you opted for the "ship for free with my next record of the month package": A) if your December box doesn't go out until January, do you think they include it in that, or wait until your January box...which would arrive in February probably; and B) what happens if you cancel your membership (aka there is no "next record of the month" coming to you) - do you think they'd ever ship you your album/contact you to pay for the additional shipping charge?

It's his last sentence that just is so unnecessary, adversarial and just not a way to speak to customers. And doesn't he think that it makes the opposite side dig their heels in more? Not that there should be sides on this, but it's pretty clear he thinks there are and he is antagonizing the people that are rightfully calling them out on their nonsense.

It is just storf, it’s how he’s always been. Guilt tripping people for being upset at stuff they should be upset at...

Hey, here's a fun hypothetical. If you have purchased a record...say Still Woozy...and you opted for the "ship for free with my next record of the month package": A) if your December box doesn't go out until January, do you think they include it in that, or wait until your January box...which would arrive in February probably; and B) what happens if you cancel your membership (aka there is no "next record of the month" coming to you) - do you think they'd ever ship you your album/contact you to pay for the additional shipping charge?

Historically, it was the date you bought on. So if you bought a pre order as a member and cancelled subsequently you still got it shipped for free when it came out.

Now? Who knows, they’ll make it up as they go along!

So, apparently, after a month of very serious ordering/membership/fulfillment issues, this company is still trying to figure out just how exactly to word an email:

View attachment 26172
We really need a facepalm emoji reaction for posts exactly like this.
Guys, it's not hard, just tell us the truth and it will solve a lot of frustration

We really need a facepalm emoji reaction for posts exactly like this.
Guys, it's not hard, just tell us the truth and it will solve a lot of frustration

If that email that they're working on even remotely attempts to shift blame off themselves, I'm done.

Just own your mistakes, apologize for your faults, and lay out a plan on how to improve. Honestly would go a long way for me

Last edited:
It's gotten to the point where I'm in constant need in checking my VMP membership several times a day just to make sure nothing is wrong on my account. This has been ridiculous...

Also, that's bullshit they don't have the emails... They sent the 'Standard' and "whats new in the store' emails just fine.
They just want to target those that actually have accounts due to the matter that some people have just signed up for emails and not actually members. They don't want to deter further 'future members' with a "we fucked up" message... if they actually take any blame at all...

It is just storf, it’s how he’s always been. Guilt tripping people for being upset at stuff they should be upset at...
It's also a bit "woe is me". Like, no. You all did this to yourself! And that is also why I don't want to hear/see/read one single more time about how they are making their worker bees work OT. Are we supposed to feel bad about that? Cause I don't. Maybe don't do an untested migration during the busiest month of the year? Those higher up people that have thrown their employees and contract workers to the wolves time and again better be there working right alongside the people they are forcing to work OT to clean up the mistakes.

They're spending time wording an email?😂 Can't they just use their established template?

Hey spinners!

We're aware of <enter problem>. Unfortunately, due to <establish fault; choose from: our shipping partner, an industry-wide issue out of our control, our customers>, we're really sorry about <choose from: delayed orders, oversold titles, CS backlog>.

We're working with our <copy scapegoat from paragraph 1> to resolve the issue. Bear with us, we're a small company!

Meanwhile, check out these great titles available in the store!
<list overstock titles here>

Keep spinnin'

Back